Not sure I want ICS

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Maxx works so great....I hate to possibly mess him up with an upgrade. When my X got the GB update...it wasn't ready and stuff didn't work right, little stuff, but still. It took them a few updates to fix the GB update. Things like Pandora would just quit streaming, camera got buggy, keyboard got jacked up, etc.

CNET's review HERE seemed like 'meh..whatever'

It's almost as if they use their working current phone to TEST these platform upgrades for the next hot phone comes with it preinstalled and working perfectly...

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see any compelling things on ICS that make me wanna risk messing up something that works perfectly now.

I'm of the school of If It Ain't Broke..Don't Fix It.
Maxx ain't broke.

Wish GB had an option to OPT OUT of upgrades if you wanted. :)

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea...some ppl had a bad experience with the GB update for the Droid X. Some ppl had a bad experience with the Froyo update for the Droid 1. I was one of those who didn't. I never had a bad experience with any of the major OS updates for my Droid X1 or Droid 1.

I understand the concern. All I can say is look around and see if others are having issues? I will test my good luck and kindly accept the update...lol.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not all that pumped by ics either. I'll most likely wait and not jump right on it.My maxx is perfect right now.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Why yes sir I am..I'm as serious as getting an update to a perfect phone resulting in having a keyboard that quit working and having to find a keyboard app to replace it. Or, as serious as being in the middle of a workout and Pandora Pitbull quits and your phone completely reboots...over and over.
That's how serious. LOL.

Reactions: Terrigno

rocker22dallas

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I understand where you are coming from, I am using one of the leaked releases of ics for my epic 4g touch, and i was actually surprised at how much I like it.

Sent from my epic 4g touch. 4.0.4 fc24 ICS

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
After the nightmare DX upgrades I'm just fine with the phone as is. There is nothing I need it to do that it doesn't already...except drive me to work.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Maxx works so great....I hate to possibly mess him up with an upgrade.

I'm of the school of If It Ain't Broke..Don't Fix It.
Maxx ain't broke.

Wish GB had an option to OPT OUT of upgrades if you wanted. :)

Totally agree. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude with this one.

I've found a Verizon updater application and an upgrader app also in my maxx. I have no clue if it will help to prevent the notification and/or upgrade process but I've gone ahead and frozen them. Previously I have woken up in the morning to find my phone had upgraded during the night. I really don't like not having control over having an upgrade or not.
TBH, I really don't see that much to get excited about regarding ics. As you said "if it ain't broke" , and it def is far from broken, quite the opposite.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess I didnt have too many issues with the updates on my Droid X because I immediately used Swype. Loved it on my Droid 1. Thats all I really use. And I dont use streaming apps too much expect for Netflix. Maybe Tune In radio here n there.

I barely use my camera so camera issues I didnt really see. Guess it depends on how we use our phones.

With ppl happy with their RAZR's and Maxx's as is...says alot about what Moto has done with Blur on GB. I think Bionic folks are happy as is too.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I can totally understand folks wanting this upgrade. Everybody has different needs and uses for their phones as jroc points out it DOES depend on how we use our phones.
With LTE not available in my area yet I don't see the need for a better radio as is purported to be coming with ICS. That would otherwise be something maybe making the ICS more desirable for me. I get signal(full3G)in places I would never have had any bars with former devices. As is? I'm good. I've not had a faster 3G experience on any former device. When LTE does make it's way to my "hood", It'll be like a turbo charger was installed on my maxx.
I'm looking forward to see how everybody enjoys the new ICS tho. Ha! I may wake up to find it on my maxx some morning anyway.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude with this one.

I've found a Verizon updater application and an upgrader app also in my maxx. I have no clue if it will help to prevent the notification and/or upgrade process but I've gone ahead and frozen them. Previously I have woken up in the morning to find my phone had upgraded during the night. I really don't like not having control over having an upgrade or not.
TBH, I really don't see that much to get excited about regarding ics. As you said "if it ain't broke" , and it def is far from broken, quite the opposite.

If you don't upgrade, Verizon can force you off the network.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Why would Verizon force you off the network? Do they care that much if you don't update your own phone? It's not hurting them at all.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm ready to see what ICS offers. My phone works fine even with the occasional data drop out. I'm hoping a new 4G radio will help out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool