Stock Moto or Third Party Launcher

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just received my MAXX yesterday and so far I am very happy with it, but I have one question that I can't decide for myself. Stick with stock Moto launcher or use a third party? Right now I have Launcher Pro Premium but I was curious if there was anything better out there. I tried using GoLauncher, but I feel like LP was just a little bit better. Never tried ADW but I would consider giving it a shot. Any suggestions?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
They all have their good points and bad points... personally, I use the stock Moto launcher... and I'm waiting to see what Motorola will do with ICS.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
The widgets and overall customizing options of GO Launcher can't be beat in my opinion. On my old X, GO would lag and force close too much for me. On the RAZR MAXX it is fantastic!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually just went back to stock after using GO for a day. I found that it lagged more often that using the stock launcher. I have nothing wrong with the stock launcher and now that ICS seems (hopefully) to be coming soon might as well wait to see what the new interface will look like.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Go Launcher and Go keyboard on my Maxx with no issues at all. Transitions are super fast. Faster than stock in my opinion. I've had no lagging issues at all. Worked fine on my Samsung Charge too.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it is maybe something with the amount of widgets I have, or something else but sometimes when I went to unlock my phone with GoLauncher it would be slow to load. For example, when I unlocked my phone it took a good 5 seconds for my apps and widget to show up on the home screen and sometimes it didn't recognize my swipes to go to the next page. Don't know if there is a setting for swipe sensitivity or keeping GoLauncher running in the foreground but I found it weird.