Should I get this screen protector?

KristyBake

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
My guy friend got a screen protector from ArmorSuit through Amazon which doesn't have the orangeish effect mentioned above. It seems very solid thus far too. I'd recommend this one but let me know how things turn out!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Like our moms used to say, "Well, don't do that then." Keys and phones do not make a good pair. Why would you put your keys on top of your phone anyway? That is your bad. If I stored my phone in the silverware drawer, is it the phone's fault if it scratches? Plus, no one ever claimed GG is scratch proof, just scratch resistant. My advice is if you can offer your phone a dedicated pocket, aren't going to set your keys down on top of it, and will take some care with it, you don't need a screen protector.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I always put my phone in my front left pants pocket by itself. The only thing I'll ever put with it is my wallet. I agree with having a dedicated pocket for our phones.

I use a Steinhell Crystal Clear screen protector. I like it. You don't use liquid to apply it. Just be aware you get two per packaging. I bought two for my girlfriend and i. Ended up with four. :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wrapsol ultimate is awesome.no finger prints any air bubbles disappear after 24 hours best I've ever used
The orangeish peel effect scares me still. has anyone used another protector? any news

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I use the 3 layer PET type protectors.
The ones like Zagg, made from urethane have a texture that feels strange and not smooth like glass. I don't like them.

KristyBake

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
@moosc

Thanks for your response. I actually opted to use one from Amazon called ArmorSuit :D

It's been very efficient and the price wasn't bad either. I'm very satisfied!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
...no problem....For the price on premium covers they should send out 2 skins.
@moosc

Thanks for your response. I actually opted to use one from Amazon called ArmorSuit :D

It's been very efficient and the price wasn't bad either. I'm very satisfied!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ZMixon

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the Steinheil protector and it is so full of scratches! All I do is put it in my pocket and it scratches all bad. Going back to my Zagg protectors. Guess I like the heavy duty feel better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought one from the VZW store and it's not the best but it's the anti-glare one. I personally like those ones. But I just picked up a Zagg for my Xoom and I will say, the Zagg is probably one of the best and my next one will be the Zagg one.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Zagg on my GSM Gnex. I like the wet-apply screen protectors, far less chance of getting a dust particle between the screen protector and the screen.

The Zagg does have a slight "orange peel" look to it (it looks like it has texture similar to the peel of an orange) but I find it is much more noticeable when the screen is off then when it is on. It does diminish the viewing experience slightly but by now I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me anymore. It was sticky/tacky feeling when I first installed it, but after a few days that also diminishes. It's still not as slick as glass, but I find for typing I like a little bit of "stick". it is ever so slightly sticky (not slick/smooth like glass) but not like its covered in honey LOL, just slightly more then stock smooth glass.

I've tried a few dry-apply screen protectors and have never been satisfied. Perhaps if I can find a wet-apply screen protector that's super-clear with lifetime replacement, I'll switch. For now I like Zagg. Its not perfect, but for now its what I'm using. I just figured I'd let people know what my experience is.

From what I've found, if you like slick smooth glass, skip the protection -- but don't cry about scratches. If you don't like scratches -- you'll have to deal with some downfalls of putting something between the wonderful display and your eyes. Its just how it is folks!

lokey

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Steinheil Clear Ultra Crystal based off this thread. Thanks!

As its name implies its clear. I visually cant tell its on there. Theres just a slight bit more drag on your finger as you swipe, which seems to be decreasing with use. Application was very easy. Did it in the bathroom full of steam to keep dust and lint down, worked like a charm. The protector is pretty stiff so air bubbles are not a problem during application. It just goes on evenly with no bubbles.

Reactions: zmann