Contacts do not show in car bluetooth pairing

8cats

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
:(Hi,

I recently upgraded from (original) Droid to Droid Razr Maxx. My old Droid synced with my car?s Bluetooth and all contacts were transferred with no problem.

I removed the old phone from the car?s Bluetooth and paired the new phone, but the contacts will not come over. I have a 2012 car and I just cannot believe that this phone ?that does everything? cannot transfer contacts via Bluetooth.

I have searched the Internet high and low and no one seems to have a solution to this problem. I tried Bluetooth file transfer app, but I can?t figure out how to get it to work. I find it ridiculous that I need an app to do something that should be an easy setup on this phone.

I hope someone will have an answer for me as I am very upset that I cannot use my new car?s Bluetooth full capabilities.

Thank you.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

r0ckness

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. My older phone worked no problem, but when I pair my Maxx with my car, the contacts won't come over. I'm hoping it's just a setting or simple fix somewhere, but so far no luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. I've had no problems with contacts via Bluetooth. What kind of cars do you have? And did you wait a little while before checking to see if all of the contacts are there? In my experience, it can take a minute or so for all contacts to be available after pairing for the first time.

If there is a problem, I wouldn't blame the phone. It probably has more to do with the car's system. On BMW forums, there are often threads where people post about their particular phone and if it works with their car. The official BMW site actually used to list what phones are known to work, but I think they stopped updating the list, because with a new phone coming out every millisecond, it wasn't very practical. So try searching forums for the car that you own to see if anyone else reports the same problem.

8cats

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. My older phone worked no problem, but when I pair my Maxx with my car, the contacts won't come over. I'm hoping it's just a setting or simple fix somewhere, but so far no luck.

I figured out how to sync the contacts....only for now just one worked and I couldn't get the rest on. First go into your contact list, then click menu, choose share name cards,

Only problem now is that each contact has to be checked. Check a contact, done and ok. It will show a list of ways to share. Pick bluetooth. Well I was so excited when the one contact showed up immediately on my car's contacts.

I tried checking all of the contacts, none of them went over. Then I tried choosing just one again. Even though the status bar said they transferred, I didn't see any more contacts on my car except the first one I added.

If you try, please let me know if it worked for you. I will try again when I have time...going away for the weekend and not taking this car.

Reactions: cramraj07

8cats

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. I've had no problems with contacts via Bluetooth. What kind of cars do you have? And did you wait a little while before checking to see if all of the contacts are there? In my experience, it can take a minute or so for all contacts to be available after pairing for the first time.

If there is a problem, I wouldn't blame the phone. It probably has more to do with the car's system. On BMW forums, there are often threads where people post about their particular phone and if it works with their car. The official BMW site actually used to list what phones are known to work, but I think they stopped updating the list, because with a new phone coming out every millisecond, it wasn't very practical. So try searching forums for the car that you own to see if anyone else reports the same problem.

You didn't write how you synced the contacts, did they just show up?

I have a Hyundai Genesis. There are no more settings on the car to check. I have seen people asking about this for all different types of cars on the Internet and no one can tell them how to do it.
I wrote above that I successfully synced one contact, but can't get the others to go. I will take a look at the Hyundai Web site as you suggested. Can't hurt. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In my 2008 BMW 535i, the contacts show up automatically after pairing by Bluetooth.

I found this article: Hyundai Bluetooth Instructions | eHow.com

Note the following from that article: "Wait for the radio to display "Connection Complete." Once it does, do not turn off your car. The Bluetooth will now copy the contacts from your phone to make them readily available. Wait until "Transfer Complete" is displayed on the radio."

Does that work?

8cats

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy, I finally got a chance to try the instructions on the link you gave me, but the instructions do not apply to my model Hyundai. I do not have voice setup for bluetooth. I now just did a search and found this Website from Hyundai. It shows compatibility of the phone to the particular car model. It shows me that my phone and car are compatible for paring and auto phonebook downloading. Still don't know why this is not working for me. I followed the same instructions on this link several times with no luck. This is a big mystery as to why it doesn't work! I don't know what else to do.

HYUNDAI BLUETOOTH SUPPORT

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm stumped. Wish I could somehow beam over there and look at it firsthand. Are all of your contacts sync'd with Google, or are they from elsewhere, like Outlook? Not that it should matter, but who knows, maybe it only likes to sync one kind of contact.

Wish I could point you somewhere, but all I can say for now is good luck!

ZMixon

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm no expert, but maybe try going to the a Hyundai dealer to see if someone there can help? If all else fails, why not try that? Hope you figure this out though.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
My contacts sync just fine with Bluetooth. If your vehicle supports it, re-pair with your phone and then watch your phone. It should give you a notification asking for permission to transfer/share contacts. If you grant it, the contacts will be shared. If not, they will not be shared, and it doesn't seem to ask twice.

8cats

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The phone did show "accessing phone book" at the top, but there was no way to click on it or pull down.....Anyway, I downloaded the app "Bluetooth file transfer" and it transferred the contacts really fast.

I was resisting using an app, because I think an expensive phone like this should be able to transfer contacts to a car. I had to download apps for my original Droid to do things I thought it should do (like hands free calling and call/text reminder), so I should be used to it!

I posted this so if someone else has the same problem, they can find the solution.

It took me a while to figure out what to do with the app. The contact transfer is in the app's menu, click "more" and then "send contacts", it then gives the choice to send all contacts, which I did.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: swren

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations! I applaud your resourcefulness. It would be interesting to know if anyone else with a Razr or Razr Maxx has the same contact transfer problems with the same model car, because if so, then it would probably be a Hyundai Genesis compatibility issue rather than a phone issue. I suggest you find Hyundai's customer support phone number or email and let them know about this problem; hopefully, someone there might take it into account and work on it.

cramraj07

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Hyundai Elantra and I was having the same issue. I had to go by contacts and press the button at the bottom left then share name cards and yes I had to check them 1 by 1. Then at the bottom press done and share via bluetooth. Then select your car. These steps worked for me.

rgsalinger

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I posted a solution to this earlier today. What I saw on my phone with both of my cars was that I needed to go into the notifications tab and answer a prompt to give permission for the contacts to come over. Since I did that both cars use the phone's contact list flawlessly.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! I applaud your resourcefulness. It would be interesting to know if anyone else with a Razr or Razr Maxx has the same contact transfer problems with the same model car, because if so, then it would probably be a Hyundai Genesis compatibility issue rather than a phone issue. I suggest you find Hyundai's customer support phone number or email and let them know about this problem; hopefully, someone there might take it into account and work on it.

It does not work with Toyota Venza either, only one contact transfers. I tried many variations and it still only transferred one contact. The radio displays transferring contacts and the phone transfer app appears to start sending contacts then bombs out. An error message also appears saying something like obex opp not supported.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I just had a new Pioneer Stereo installed in my car and when I first paired my MAXX to the stereo through the bluetooth a prompt appeared on the screen of my phone asking if I wanted to share my contacts with the stereo... I selected yes and I have all of my contacts available on the stereo now. Can even set the speed dial for stations to be individual contacts when in phone mode.

judyhoff

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem and managed to fix it. I have a Droid Bionic and a 2012 BMW 3 series. Contacts downloaded initially, and then I received a notice on my phone later asking me to grant permission to my BMW to read contacts. Not quite knowing what this was all about, and being in a hurry, I said "no", and from then on just the phone numbers showed up. It took me a while to figure out how to get that message back on my phone so I could say "yes" to allowing my contacts to be read. Here's how I finally fixed it. I deleted the bluetooth pairing of the BMW from my phone completely. Then I went to my car and deleted the phone from the car's bluetooth (you have to do both - I tried with just the phone and the car "remembered" my original setting and I still couldn't get contacts). After removing the pairing from both the phone and the car, I re-paired. After waiting several minutes I received the notice on my phone again that asked me if I would grant permission for the car to read my contacts. This time I said "yes" and everything downloaded correctly. Hope this helps.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Hyundai Sonata Limited and my contacts sync all the time. Try deleting the bluetooth info for the car off the phone and delete from the car as well. Do a fresh connection and watch for the prompt for the pin number. After that another prompt will appear in the status bar for phonebook sync permission. Click yes and from then on it will sync.

Ricopsuedo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with the new Razr Maxx I got this weekend. I have a Toyota Prius. I will delete the pairing on both the phone and the car and resync it so that I can see if it asks me for permission to transfer. Thanks for the idea!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance