Leave Maxx for another phone??

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone left, or has thought about, leaving the Razr Maxx for another phone?

The screen and capacitive buttons on my aren't responsive at times.
Drives me nuts. Sometimes I would click an icon and nothing happens, or swipe from one home screen to another, or touch one of the capacitive buttons.
It also lags at time.

As for me, I'm really thinking about going back to my Thunderbolt and seeing what else may come out.
I'll give it a few more days.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Try a reset but holding the volume down button and power/hold button for 10 seconds. It's like a battery pull.
Are you using a task killer?
Are you using a 3rd party launcher?
Factory reset?
Was it like this since the beginning or just started now?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Try a reset but holding the volume down button and power/hold button for 10 seconds. It's like a battery pull.
Are you using a task killer?
Are you using a 3rd party launcher?
Factory reset?
Was it like this since the beginning or just started now?

I've done a reset, as well as factory reset.
No task killers.
Tried a few 3rd party launchers. Has the same issue with all of them.
Even does it on the default launcher. Not as often, but it does occur.
I've also noticed that sometimes when I click an icon on one of the home pages, rather than opening that app, it would take me back to the main home page. Wonder if it's a Motorola issue, because when I had the Motorola Bionic a while back it would do that.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My back button sometimes becomes unresponsive. But will deal with it cause of the overall quality and battery life of this phone. The only thing I would trade up to would be the DROID fighter if it ever cones out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My maxx has been perfect and until phones start doing what the maxx perfected (build quality and battery life) I'll never waste my time with another phone. There's no excuses for other manufacturers to skimp out on these must have features.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
No phone can be perfect but I have not seen any of those issues and since I just went over 5hrs at work and it's still above 90%, you couldn't pay me enough to change phones. Especially a Thunderbolt. I had that phone for 12 days. Returned it after several attempts to get more than 7hrs out of it (on light use ). I then moved to a Samsung Charge with a nicer display and would last about 12hrs on a charge but it was far from perfect so this Maxx is damn close:) Maybe I'd try something exactly like it with a screen that makes more use of the body but even then, it would have to be extraordinary to make me want to leave this. Now if the Maxx begins to have issues or ICS somehow affects it adversely then I'd have to reevaluate but for now, 100% no. I use Go Launcher with a bounce transition so if you haven't tried that one please do. If you continue to have issues, give another Maxx a shot before you move on.

Last edited:

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I played around with a Razr at my local Verizon store and it did it a few times as well. Not sure if it's an app issue, because it happened after a factory reset before installing Apps. I do love the battery life, but I was also getting pretty good battery life out of the Thunderbolt using the Rezound battery.
I'm hoping I can deal with the screen issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
There is no better all in one device for my needs out there anywhere. If I were to break my maxx somehow I'd have to hope I could get another one FAST

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea I haven't had any problems, really.

The worst things that have happened is it got stuck in portrait mode and the social networking accounts get screwed up. They were mostly fixed with a reboot and they haven't seemed to have come back.

A lot of other Android phones I've used were pretty buggy... something I can't stand. This phone is pretty awesome.

Sean1431

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I love my Maxx I've had several DROID phones and this is by far the best I've ever owned and to be honest I'll never upgrade to another one unless it has an awesome battery like this one...however I'm sure moto will continue to use this battery in future phones

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The capacitive buttons don't always work. When I use my phone quite a bit, I hate having to press the menu, home, and escape key more than once at times. Those keys aren't as responsive as my previous android phones.
I did a test to see how responsive they were. I went back and forth between the menu key and escape key as fast as I could. My previous android phone, which I thought was slow, was able to keep up without a problem. Tried it on the Razr Maxx and it could not. Almost got to a point where the keys no longer worked until it caught up.
That might explain why I can't have the haptic feedback turned on. My keyboard would lag something awful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I really like this phone but one thing bugs me. There will be times when this phone either doesn't send or receive text messages. It happened in the past and again today. My girlfriend and I both have RAZR Maxx phones. I sent her a text using the stock messaging app at 916 pm. I had delivery reports turned on both phones. My phone showed it sent and her phone received but she never got it. I can see this causing problems in the future. I hope it gets fixed in the next update. My previous phone the Thunderbolt didn't do this. For the time being I've downloaded a third party SMS app hoping that'll fix my problem.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Those that are not having such issues, do you have an SDcard installed?
I did a factory reset without an SDcard installed. So far its running OK.
I'm also adding each app one by one, and testing to see if the issue could be app related.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital