Changing lock screen camera swipe behavior

KenLaw

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Camera ZOOM FX app from Andriodslide. I changed the Camera button on the Dock to open it without a problem. My question is: Is there a way to have the camera swipe (i.e. swipe to the left) on the lock screen open the ZOOM FX App instead of the original camera app? ZOOM FX has a checkoff in the settings to make it the "Default camera" but that didn't change the behavior of the Camera swipe. Please don't give me a solution that requires rooting my MAXX. I won't do that.

KenLaw

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
socarwolverine: Thanks for the suggestion. WidgetLocker looks like it would do what I want, but I balk at installing apps that require so many permissions, including making phone calls! My attitude toward that may change in the future, but for now I'll stick with what I've got.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can understand the reservation because it does have a lot of permissions, but as I understand it, those are only so that the widgets you put on your lockscreen can work with out having to unlock the phone (thus defeating the purpose of the app) not so the app can directly access anythilng. For instance, with the phone call permission, it's just so you can put a shortcut to a specific number on your lockscreen and have it dialed directly without having to unlock the phone to confirm the number and then hit dial. I've used it for a while, and had no problems with it, and I'm like you and usually won't install programs that ask for too much. I say give it a try and if you still feel funny about it, you can always uninstall it later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy