Visit site
Anybody got the newest update?
razrupdates.jpg

Reactions: PossumPete

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's detailed in the image in the original post. Main thing sounds like a fix for missing text messages that some have been reporting. Battery life supposed to be optimized even more. Some miscellaneous updates to Motocast and some useless VZW apps. And also support for IPv6.

SUPERSPORT25

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine but I am rooted and bloatware removed. Do you think I can run rootkeeper and be ok?

Edit: Well just going to wing it with rootkeeper protecting and see what happens since I accidentally got the pop up again and it downloaded lol.....installing now

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've always heard you should NEVER accept an OTA update if you are rooted. It could brick your phone.

I know for a fact that is the case with HTC (from experience) , would assume the same is true for Motorola.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Update failed for me so I guess I will have to reload .173 and try it again with the bloatware back on

I'm new to all of this and haven't considered rooting my phone yet because it's working great, but have a question. If you are rooted does that mean you're also running a custom rom and if that's the case, why would anyone running a custom rom want a manufactures update anyway? Why not just wait for an update to your custom rom?

Second question. I asked it on another link but wanted to cover both places. It is about the term, 'New Radio' or 'upgraded to the latest radio'. When someone is talking about a better radio with an upgrade or custom rom, what exactly does that mean? I understand sensitivity and oscillation soft pot settings but every wireless device has a logic section and an rf section with an antenna tuned to the operating freqs. Some settings may be tweaked a little but the original working parameters are very tight and tuned to that antenna. I just don't see how anything can be changed enough to improve a weak RF section. My opinion is either a company builds good RF sections or they don't. Everything else seems like a marketing smoke screen. What are these people doing to create a new/better radio in these phones? Are there any techs out there that can explain this to me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski