Too wide - advice please

smrdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Got a Maxx to replace my wife's HTC Incredible. She really likes the Maxx, but it is too wide for her hands.
If you had to pick another 4G Verizon smart phone with a narrower size, which would it be? Rezound seems to be a good width for her, but it is a fat boy and reviews indicate poor battery life.
Thanks for any and all advice.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So many phone manufacturers are trying to increase the screen size above 4" that i'm afraid most phones will begin to widen like the Maxx and Razr. But I would go Galaxy Nexus over the Rezound if I was in that situation. Or I would consider the Droid 4 if she likes physical keyboards.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
How long has she had the phone? I know at first I was kind of worried about how wide the RAZR was, but that went away after about a week of using it.

Reactions: rbess1965

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Rezound is fat and has poor battery and I dislike Sense BUT it's got a great camera, great screen, and is receiving ICS soon.

Bionic feels MUCH better in the hand than the Maxx. And I think the Maxx is more comfortable to hold than the slim RAZR. I'd recommend a Bionic with the Moto extended battery if you want the best combination of performance, battery life and RF performance. Yes, it'll be much, much thicker than the Maxx. And it's got a worse screen and it doesn't have the latest 2.3.6 GB. But it's narrower and has a smaller bezel and after the latest 902 and 904 updates is a MUCH better device.

Barring that, I'd go with the GNex with an extended battery but it may also be a tad chunky for her. Maybe a Droid 4 or the new LG Lucid instead?

smrdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
How long has she had the phone? I know at first I was kind of worried about how wide the RAZR was, but that went away after about a week of using it.

Been a week today. One more week to decide if it stays or gets replaced with something else.....

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd just get use to the width of the maxx :) The only thing that could trump the battery life of this thing would be bugs or random reboots and knock on wood, nothing of the kind is happening. If battery life is not a priority, The Rezound may be the best for her. I'm not convinced the Nexus is going to resolve it's rf issues yet. I am thoroughly convinced that the Maxx is the most reliable and functional phone on the market. Good luck:)

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Got a Maxx to replace my wife's HTC Incredible. She really likes the Maxx, but it is too wide for her hands.
If you had to pick another 4G Verizon smart phone with a narrower size, which would it be? Rezound seems to be a good width for her, but it is a fat boy and reviews indicate poor battery life.
Thanks for any and all advice.

i cant believe no one has mentioned "that's what she said"!

Reactions: alexh037

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife went from a Incredible 2 to the RAZR MAXX and has not complained about the size. Maybe it is her technique, can you teach her a better way to hold the phone?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01