Is ne1 else annoyed with this as I am? Update .181 came out 2day & this is all I get. My wife has an HTC Rezound & her phone @ least checks 2 c if there is an update available. Is there a window n which u have 2 check 4 an update with moto. I know that updates come out by region but I thought it was from east 2 west or vice versa. People in GA have the update maybe its a south and north thing also. Ne ideas?
    04-24-2012 10:05 PM
    I am going to guess that it is based on server load, and either randomly or maybe via ESN.

Server load being the biggest factor, they do not want the serer and network to crash for an update.

I also wouldnt be surprised if they did it by older contracts...no one really knows how they are realsed though
    04-24-2012 10:10 PM
    Been getting it for the last few days. Was getting it a few Weeks ago then it stopped and went to the system up to date message last week, now started that again today, i'm in South Carolina and its starting to **** me off, done both soft and hard reboot, wifi and 4g same thing everytime. Might try a factory reset tomorrow to see if that will fix it or not (still under unlimited days plan so will do all downloads after reset on 4g). Never and I mean never did I ever see that message on my dx......
    04-24-2012 10:26 PM
    A few google searches later and this had fixed that problem....

Dial #35468#
    Will come up amd say "Log Check Initiated", push ok.
    Then do a Power and Volume Down reset.

As soon as I went to about and checked for update, it is now downloading.

Hippie this help a few other people out, it worked for me. Love the Android Community......
    04-24-2012 10:46 PM
    Well currently on the upgrade now, this worked for me.
    04-25-2012 12:09 AM
    Sorry for some of the typos, Android upgrades and lots of beer can make that happen......."Sir put you Android down and step away from the beer...."...LOL...LOL...LOL...
    04-25-2012 12:11 AM
    A few google searches later and this had fixed that problem....

Dial #35468#

Hippie this help a few other people out, it worked for me. Love the Android Community......
    Did not work for me.
    04-25-2012 10:51 AM
    Is ne1 else annoyed with this as I am? Update .181 came out 2day & this is all I get. My wife has an HTC Rezound & her phone @ least checks 2 c if there is an update available. Is there a window n which u have 2 check 4 an update with moto. I know that updates come out by region but I thought it was from east 2 west or vice versa. People in GA have the update maybe its a south and north thing also. Ne ideas?
    After the Soak Test this past weekend... Motorola said they would be rolling the update out in waves... not everybody was going to get the update on date one, minute one. It will come in time... patience.
    04-25-2012 03:36 PM
    I've had this same error for about two months. Trying your solution now. It's not that we can't get the update, it's that we can't even check for an update because the error says that checking for updates is not available right now. It's not a busy network issue, because I was able to check for and download the update to my wife's Maxx as it was sitting right next to mine, but my phone will not even check for the update. It's a phone error.

Well, just tried again after your solution and it didn't fix the problem. Still get the same error-

"Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." Well, I've been trying again later for 2 months Verizon. You and Motorola have a serious problem here.
    04-27-2012 12:47 AM
    Well, I'm doing a factory reset now in hopes it fixes Verizon's/Motorola's/Google's screwed up software. What a PITA. Doing a search finds lots of previous Verizon Droid phones with this same problem. Have tried various solutions but nothing has worked. Is Android going the way of Micro$haft- that is putting out software that is horribly full of bugs? Maybe I should have gone iPhone....
    04-27-2012 01:34 AM
    Factory reset got the update after checking manually. Now to spend the next few hours customizing my phone back to where I had it..... sigh....
    04-27-2012 01:46 AM
    Sure hope I don't have to do that.....
    06-17-2012 10:33 AM
    Dial #35468#

Worked for me. As soon as the reset was completed I was able to begin the download.
    06-30-2012 08:48 PM
    Dial #35468#

Worked for me. As soon as the reset was completed I was able to begin the download.
    I had tried that and it didn't work for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-2012 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD