Heaphone Jack no longer works

Sean K1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My razor Maxx broke around October and i eventually got a replacement, now about two weeks ago it broke again. The store said that this wasn't a known problem... ill be taking me second one in shortly. I use my phone as my primary mp3 player, as i lost or sold my past ipods. Every day in school I usually listen to around an hour to two hours of music, and not being able to kinda blows. Just for a final kick in the balls i just got really nice headphones...

pinguino50

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
My 2 cents for this thread !!
My Vivid has the same problem; I was very worry about, so I checked inside and see nothing, all shinny and clean.
I grab some 96 grade alcohol and a toothpick, I cleaned inside and try to wiggle all around; after that done wet the tip of my well cleaned earphones, connect and disconnect; blow well and VOILA !!
all is working fine again ! Thanks you guys rock !!

Ben Feldman

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I found that I didn't have much lint in the headphone jack, but the inside of mine was dirty and not making good contact.

Here's what worked for me:

1. Turn off your phone
2. find a q-tip and remove+discard some of the cotton so the q-tip is small enough to fit snugly down into the headphone jack
3. dip the end of the q-tip in rubbing alcohol
4. Stick the wet q-tip into the headphone jack and spin it around a few times. Work it in and out a few times
5. Pull the q-tip out and let the phone sit for a half hour or so
6. power it up, and you should be back in business.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
You could also try a damp toothpick and stick it in there and just pull out in all directions and hopefully you will get some lint out.
Hope this helps-
Isaac

Gregory Cole

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I too experienced this problem and like another reply I cleaned the port with a paper clip then sucked out a very small partical came out. Fixed! :D

juantenorio12

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me on my DX. Turns out, lint from my pocket got down in there. Dumb sounding, I know. Bend a staple so it's pretty straight, hold the phone upside down and dig around in there a little. Then mail me a $0.25 tip if that was it :)

Holy crap! I've already sent my first phone back because of this problem. Now it's doing it again and I thought I'd have to send it in again. Then I saw your post, straightened a stapler, and viola! A big ol' piece of lint! Where do I send the $0.25?!

Unforgiven88

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok. It looks like this is a somewhat old thread and the "digging around with a paperclip, toothpick, etc." method works pretty well for everyone. It, however did not work for me. So, with an electron microscope, I peered into the headphone jack on the phone... I noticed at the very top of the 3.5mm hole there is a shiny copper connector at the front side of the hole, that, if you push on it with a toothpick, it moves. Sort of like a tiny switch. Whenever I push the headphone cord toward the little switch, the music cuts out.

So I took a tiny plastic sticker that happened to be laying around and cut a thin strip off of it (about 1/8 inch x 1 inch), then wrapped it around the "top" of the connector on the headphone cord. ABRACADABRA!! It works with no problem! Music doesn't cut out anymore even when I giggle the cord. I assume that little switch (as I so like to call it) must be for a headset with a mic?? Either way, this is my fix and I thought I would share in case anyone still had problems!

I tried to upload pics from my other phone but I'm not sure how on this forum :'(

Michael Grandmaison

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Heaphone Jack no longer works (I FIXED IT LIKE THIS AFTER TRYING EVERY OTHER OPTION)

( I would like to point out that the paperclip was Metal not coated in plastice, hence not making an electrical current flow through)

Hope this helps at least 1 person :)

I have a motorola rzr V and I fixed it by getting a small paper clip and bending it straight enough to reach the bottom. I sttuck it doqn to the botom and wiggled it with my music player playing through the speaker. Once i held it in a certain position touchin the bottom metal connection and side connection near the top the speaker finally turned off. I then plugged the headphones in and instantly they worked

sixshot21

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Heaphone Jack no longer works (I FIXED IT LIKE THIS AFTER TRYING EVERY OTHER OPTION)

I just resolved my headphone jack issue 20 Minutes before posting this comment. My headphones were working fine until one day they stopped working. Whenever I plugged them in the sound still played from the phone speaker instead of the earphones. After a lot of frustration and trying different things, finally I took a qtip and dipped one end of it in alcohol. Then I put it in the headphone jack hoping this would clean out any deposits that may be affecting the jack. I plugged in my headphones and they instantly started to play again,but I noticed then that the phone speaker no longer played, crazy right? To remedy this there's a app called sound about in the app store. It allows u to switch from phone speaker to headset jack when needed. I hope this helps someone.

mremoji

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm on I think my 5th Razr Maxx. I think there's a problem with the headphone jack because after a few months of normal use this always happens, without fail. The headphone jack is quite weak on it, I must say.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the maxx hd has the same headphone jack issues, I'm tired of it already and thinking of going to it

Sent from my unknown using Android Central Forums

Ivanne Rivera

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i have a droid razr HD and it doesnt matter what i plug into the jack (aux cable or headphones) i have the constant static and glitchy sound. I did a search to see if anyone had input on how to fix. glad to see i am not alone. really annoying tho.

Andras Joo

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me on my DX. Turns out, lint from my pocket got down in there. Dumb sounding, I know. Bend a staple so it's pretty straight, hold the phone upside down and dig around in there a little. Then mail me a $0.25 tip if that was it :)

THANKS Bro, you saved my ***! The silliest thing I ever heard but it really happens! I had a fraction of chewing gum packaging fallen into my phones' jack while it was in my pocket! wow

(Actually i could feel the plug not fitting perfectly, but it was such a minor difference - few tenth of a millimeter? - that i just didn't take notice...)

So guys before the panic begins, first take a torchlight and a needle... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000