Heaphone Jack no longer works

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
just got my Maxx. Jack didn't work when I hooked it to my car stereo but worked great with my skull candy headphones. I thought it had something to do with the microphone. But it just worked with my standard head phones and worked great, I take the head phones out and put the aux cable, nothing, won't even switch off the speaker. I can't tell the difference between the plugs they look the same.

Melwynlobo

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey, you guys rock. Never imagined that a lint ball can find its way in there. Added my 2 cents to it, used a toothpick instead of a metal pin to remove the lindt ball ( thought toothpick can reduce any accidental damage ) and now the headset and aux cable as good as ever. Thanks again guys.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely having software issues with this. I have an extension cable. When I plug it into the phone by itself it doesn't recognize it. But when I put my headphones into the extension cable it works great. it just refuses to allow the aux cable use.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Having same problem, been using headphones while on train for months now. Suddenly this morning there is no sound. When I go to settings the volume is up for media, but the speaker has a line through it. Tried the link trick, didn't work. HELP!

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
step 1. Plug in extension cable. Sound still through speaker. Step 2. Plug regular head phones into other end if extension cable. Sound now comes through headset. Step 3. Remove headset and plug in aux cable. I now have sound to my radio. Yay. Seems like there's no lint problem but it takes regular headphones to activate the switch. Yeah I know it's wonky but it's the only way mine works.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
could be the coating used on some headphones... some use gold plating, or say they do... i'd venture to say a bad coating, or sub par quality materials...

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem occur where audio would not come out of my phone's speaker, and was resolved by rebooting the phone.

oglerb

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the lint-pickers. Was having the problem about an hour ago...read your posts and even though I could not see lint, I used a toothpick to eventually pull out enough to fill any "inward turned belly button"
I chatted with Moto and they said the grommets are not available from them... I will let you know if I can find the plugs for the phone jack and the other holes...

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the lint-pickers. Was having the problem about an hour ago...read your posts and even though I could not see lint, I used a toothpick to eventually pull out enough to fill any "inward turned belly button"
I chatted with Moto and they said the grommets are not available from them... I will let you know if I can find the plugs for the phone jack and the other holes...

I'm an expert at plugging holes., pretty much any 3.5 millimeter plug will work.

sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com

egnat69

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
so do you accept paypal for that quarter? =D - saved my day!
This happened to me on my DX. Turns out, lint from my pocket got down in there. Dumb sounding, I know. Bend a staple so it's pretty straight, hold the phone upside down and dig around in there a little. Then mail me a $0.25 tip if that was it :)

iresq

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Figures, just ordered my warranty replacement for same issue. Will try lint trick layer today.

RAZR sharp

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I also had this problem. Mine worked. But any wiggle of the headeset plug at all and it'd bzzzz, then shut off the headset sound. I posted it here and someone mentioned the lint possibility. I blew in mine and tapped it a little bit. Works perfectly now.
A moderator needs to stick this thread please. This is very important and a known issue.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Happened to a few different phones i had, if blowing into it didn't work (which it usually did), a q tip ripped down to fit with a little contact cleaner worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463