Pros/Cons Since the .181 Update

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a Maxx, but my sister does and I factory reset the phone after installing the update for her. Still waiting to see if she has noticed any changes. I'm curious how many of you did that as well and if any changes good or bad have been noticed.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the visual voicemail is working better, it actucally downloads the message right away instead of me having to refresh it. I do think the battery drains a little faster, still not a issue for me as I still get all day out of it.

I was worried that verizon would screw something up with the update, they dont want a perfect phone out there or there would be no reason to get a new phone, LOL I am cautious about any update for this phone, it works great the way it is, you know the saying, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset right after update, a little better performance, battery still lasts 16-24 hours or more, couldn't be happier....

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Pros? None that are visible.
Cons? Battery drain. I plug up now at bedtime with about 30% left.

Before the update... I would plug up at bedtime with 50-60%.
Same use with same programs. Didn't do clean install.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Glad I've been denying it then. No hard reason to update and less battery? No thanks. I'll wait for ICS and even then I'll deny it until i'm sure there are no bugs. I've been burned by updates too many times in the past.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Glad I've been denying it then. No hard reason to update and less battery? No thanks. I'll wait for ICS and even then I'll deny it until i'm sure there are no bugs. I've been burned by updates too many times in the past.

My battery doesn't drain any faster. I'm not sure if its improved any, but it sure hasn't decreased.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there is a way to do a study of why there are some getting a larger battery drain. There must something doing this.

Cpt Spau1ding

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think battery life gas changed either way. The phone does run a little smoother for me, and I think the stock browser is quicker to begin loading pages.
All pro (though nothing dramatic),no cons. Great update for me. Also,if there's a slight chance of better SMS reliability, this is a very good reason for me to upgrade. I hate finding out I've missed a message! :)

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
No changes on my Maxx. Haven't noticed a big difference in battery one way or the other. But I bounce between both of my phones. It's still the rock solid phone I know and love.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The latest system update helped with browser bugs & when you touch an app widget it wouldn't do anything, now its usually one touch & open.. This was from a Verizon troubleshooter...

Reactions: 1fastmr2

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
No huge difference, almost seems like there was no update. The battery life seems to drain just a bit faster, but still love my MAXX:D

Good thread!