Google Navigation

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been using google navigation for the past six weeks since I got my phone, but the past couple days I've noticed some problems with it. Seems like when I've input a destination for turn-by-turn directions, the current location marker will get stuck (in the middle somewhere of my trip) and won't advance, causing me to miss a turn, and not auto-correct itself. This issue wasn't happening in the past until recently. Anyone else having this issue too?

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I'm able to correct the problem by exiting out of navigation, and re-entering my destination. But that's only a temporary solution since the problem re-occurs again after a certain time.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem on my old Droid X and just attributed it to a lost GPS signal.

When it happened on my Droid X I noticed the blue Navigation Triangle appeared in the lower left screen - just above the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) reading. If I clicked the blue Navigation Triangle the GPS did a new search and quickly caught up to my current position.

My suggestion is the next time it happens look for the blue Navigation Triangle above the ETA reading and see if that's a quick fix.

Reactions: geekaren

Dolomite

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there an option to make it so you are always heading "up" on the display instead of north? This seemed to have change at some point. Not sure if it was when I switched phones or if the app changed. I could not find a setting, but maybe I overlooked it.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there an option to make it so you are always heading "up" on the display instead of north? This seemed to have change at some point. Not sure if it was when I switched phones or if the app changed. I could not find a setting, but maybe I overlooked it.

Look for the red and white compass needle in the upper left corner of the map screen - if you click the needle the screen orientation will change from "Direction up" to "North up." :)

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
By the way, I'm able to correct the problem by exiting out of navigation, and re-entering my destination. But that's only a temporary solution since the problem re-occurs again after a certain time.
I had this problem on a trip last Friday.

Going to try what XDCX suggested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x