question... maybe you can help me

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got my MAXX today and playing with it I thought it was update. Well no it wasn't when I checked. Now it keep notifying me of the update and and starts a count down to install but I dismiss it. I DO NOT want the update my phone runs fine I love it! Is there a way to stop these notification (there popping up every 2 hours) and not install the update? I don't want it to update while I'm sleep either.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
not if your stock...you need to root and do some other stuff...

Not sure if it will update without some intervention from you, but I could be wrong. What is the update? Maybe it is just under the hood bug fixes and nothing you would notice..

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Its a system update. Probably the one I see some ppl been complainig about. 'm wondering should I do a factory reset to get rid of the notification. I'm running system version 6.12.173 I'm fine with this version.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Some people will complain just to hear themselves talk. Do the update and you won't notice a difference. I have yet to wear my battery out in a day. I don't turn my 4g off, and I am constantly doing something on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Each update will bring improvements and some irritations but honestly it hasn't been a bad thing. If you have to do it don't sweat it too much.

rpitts9999

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
And if you don't accept the update if and when the new OS (Ice Cream sandwhich) comes out you won't be able to download it.
And if rumors hold true hopefully that is happening within the month.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I got it to stop I just did a factory reset last night and it stopped. When I had my droid x and I was doing update it seems like my phone got more more screwed up every time I did it. That update will always be there, but for now I just wanted to enjoy my phone for a lil bit! I'm going to update it eventually or it will update itself.
I appreciate all the good reasoning thank you for taking the time to answer my post guys appreciate it!

Reactions: TitoRoE

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
yep you have no choice, that update will need to be downloaded. I tried for a good while to stop mine but it kept on coming back

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
i took a hit on the battery life for a short while. It was good but not as good as it had been. Give it a week to settle and then it should be fine after that. Its all back to normal now

try this app too apn4apps in Play store.. just download it and leave it alone. It helps too. Been using it a good while and battery life is excellent

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Just download it. I see a lot of people complain that after the update the battery was not lasting as long as it did before it. That happened to me. So I food a factory reset, but the update was still installed on my phone and now my battery lasts as long as it did prior to the update. You will be alright updating it. Don't worry.

Reactions: Ms Charli