Maxx Semi-Froze

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not going to lie, a little concerned about this.

Was on the Twitter For Android client browsing, closed the app, then locked the phone (though don't recall if I heard the locking sound, it did shut off the screen at least).

Went to pick up the phone again, and didn't have to unlock the phone (just pushed the power button and it was on one of my home screens). I also had a FB message notification icon in the bar, but never got a sound for it.

The issue was that I couldn't swipe, couldn't click on the screen, couldn't shut down the phone by holding the power button, the volume rocker wasn't working, etc. The only buttons that worked was the home button and the power button (would just shut the screen off, would not lock the phone). After waiting to see if it would 'wake up' I did a manual soft reset (hold power and down volume), which worked to shut the phone off and re-start it. Ran a bit slow for a second when I restarted it, but seems to be fine now.

Anyone else ever run into this issue?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had similar issues that I more or less attributed to the third party launcher I'm using. I've had issues with browsing images on Google but it was only one day and it seems to have cleared up. There are some issues here and there but nothing permanent or bad. No phone is perfect and so far I'm still pleased.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it needed a reboot. I think you did the correct things. Sometimes all device need to be rebooted, and this is the best way (hold power and down volume) when it gets to that point.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it needed a reboot. I think you did the correct things. Sometimes all device need to be rebooted, and this is the best way (hold power and down volume) when it gets to that point.

That's all I could do. Wasn't letting me do anything else. And I shut my phone off whenever I charge it, so don't think it 'needed' a reboot. I blame it on programs just not playing together nicely.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That's all I could do. Wasn't letting me do anything else. And I shut my phone off whenever I charge it, so don't think it 'needed' a reboot. I blame it on programs just not playing together nicely.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Hence the reason for your smartphone needing to be rebooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz