Vibrate problems

laps955

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So after the most recent update, it seems that my maxx will not vibrate for text messages anymore regardless on what setting I have the notifications on. Is any one else having this problem?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem and I thought it was because I tried MyProfiles from the Market. I was able to fix it temporarily by setting this profile to normal but it reset after a reboot. I did a factory reset after days of frustration and the problem was solved. May be the only option. You may be able to try and go to the boot screen where you can clear the cache. It has something to do with turning the phone on while holding the volume keys and power button. This may work before you try for a factory reset

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

Reactions: laps955

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Double check your Vibrate settings under Settings > Sound.

Personally, I really like using the SoundManager app... you can check any of your sound settings, including your Vibrate settings.

Reactions: laps955

laps955

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
According to a Verizon rep, the last update has a glitch in the programming. Regardless of the vibrate setting for notifications, it will always be as if it were set to never.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I am having the opposite problem. My phone just vibrates at random and I have vibrate turned off from every setting. I hope they fix it in the ICS update. This is not acceptable for what is touted by Motorola as a business device.

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
This may be the post I've been looking for. I tried posting one myself, with little success of response.

Have any of you found a fix or has this continued through the ICS update? Mine just started doing this the other day, about a week after I upgraded to ICS. My haptic feedback and vibrate will just sporadically shut off, only to come back on 10 minutes to a half hour later.

It never did this before ICS. Any ideas?

EDIT: I did do a factory reset, and also a soft reboot, though I haven't done the recovery mode thing.

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock messaging app? If not try Go SMS. They have several different ways to set up the vibration function.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This may be the post I've been looking for. I tried posting one myself, with little success of response.

Have any of you found a fix or has this continued through the ICS update? Mine just started doing this the other day, about a week after I upgraded to ICS. My haptic feedback and vibrate will just sporadically shut off, only to come back on 10 minutes to a half hour later.

It never did this before ICS. Any ideas?

EDIT: I did do a factory reset, and also a soft reboot, though I haven't done the recovery mode thing.

Mine just started doing this . I have mine set to vibrate for all screen taps and typing. This week it periodically stops vibrating for all taps or key presses as well as notifications. After 10min or so it comes back. No reproducible pattern that I can see.

T

Ironcapo

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I too have this problem and have been unable to find a fix. I did the factory reset as well as clearing the cache and it did nothing for me.

Linda Fuchs

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
i am totally frustrated with my droid razr HD, it vibrates when nothing is coming in on my phone and keeps vibrating repeatedly for about a minute intermittently. if I go into something, like e mails, it starts it all over again. i have turned off everything virtually in every setting (that i could find at least) but yet it still persists...... I did love my phone but slowing becoming a hate relationship now. please help:'(

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Linda, this is the wrong room for your complaint. This is for the Razr Maxx phone, not the Razr HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek