Currently have a gnex can the Maxx run nova or apex

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Getting a little frustrated with the issues from my gnex may switch to a maxx. I'm not crazy about the blur over top but can a launcher change it to be more plain ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. A launcher can do that. But nova and apex are ICS based only launchers. You can't put them on RAZR/RAZR MAXX until you get ICS which hasn't been officially released yet by Verizon on RAZR RAZR MAXX or if you root and install ICS custom rom.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I was former nexus owner. I got tired of all the issues the phone had. You will enjoy the RAZR MAXX :) The battery life and the antenna are so much better. I've had this phone for 2 months and only dropped 1 call :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jclake

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged my Samsung Nexus for a RAZR MAXX. I had Apex on my Nexus. I have GO Launcher EX on the MAXX. I am very satisfied with they way my phone looks and works with GO Launcher. The Dialer on the MAXX is better than the Nexus or Dialer One.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. How did you go about an exchange. They are sending me a new nexus but I would rather try something new.

jclake

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. How did you go about an exchange. They are sending me a new nexus but I would rather try something new.

I exchanged my Nexus twice so I had a total of three of them. I had the issue where the out going audio cuts out intermittently when you are using the phone. After the third Nexus I told Tier II Technical support that I had to have a phone that worked as a phone. I didn't want another Nexus because I use my phone at work and when I was on a business call, having the other person say "can you hear me," and being unable to respond was making me look foolish.

I wasn't loud or abusive to the tech support person I just said I didn't want another Nexus.

When they told me a software update is coming out "soon" or "next month" that will fix the phone I said, I have been given that same information since January and four months later there is still no update.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as another who switched from the Nexus to the Maxx. I still have the Nexus because I want to see if the update fixes the radio, but I'm loving the Maxx so far. I don't really mind Blur; it's not like it was on their older phones. ICS is sweet though, can't wait for the Maxx to get it.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello. Getting a little frustrated with the issues from my gnex may switch to a maxx. I'm not crazy about the blur over top but can a launcher change it to be more plain ?

What are you talking about, there are no issues with the Galaxy Nexus, just ask them on the Galaxy Nexus Forum. ;)

Anyway, I was in the same boat...told there would be an update "in late January" to fix the issues on my two GN which never came. Finally in February I had to have a working phone for work and went out and bought a RAZR MAXX and have been extremely happy since. I still have the GN in case they ever fix the issues but it is buried in the drawer and the RAZR MAXX is my daily driver.

Wish you the best of luck with whatever phone you end up with.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I have had the GNex since Feb. 1 and just got tired of he problems. Rooting does not fix all of the problems. Samsung Devices always have inferior antennas and radios compared to other devices. I have had the Maxx for about one week and can confirm that the call quality, signal strength and wifi antenna are much better. If it had an HD display there would be no more discussion about which smartphone was at he top of the heap. Waiting for ICS so I can use the Nova launcher instead of launcher pro. It causes too many freezes on the Maxx.

nashdroid

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

I switched from the Galaxy Nexus to the Razr Maxx and I have ADW Launcher EX installed and my Razr Maxx looks exactly like my Galaxy Nexus did now. Just download the Ice Cream Sandwich theme from the market for ADW Launcher and do a few other tweaks. It looks just like my Nexus did.

Now...I am excited for ICS for the Maxx though, because even with the new launcher you don't have all of the UI features of ICS. So, once we get ICS I'll be installing Apex Launcher just like I had on my GNex and I will be VERY VERY pleased with this phone. I'm already completely happy with it, so ICS is just going to be a bonus for me. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned. Can't wait to have all of that ICS goodness on this beast!