Help turning LED off, ALL the way off? thanks!

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in doing this without rooting. But with my old web o s phone I was able to find a patch to allow me to turn the front led of all the way off, for ever for good. Is there a way to do this in android without rooting? I found a few that would allow to the configuration but none of them will turn it all the way off. The most I would want would be a notification for battery charger. I am on a Razr Maxx.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of... possibly when it gets updated to ICS you'll have the option in the settings... but the only other thing I can think of at the moment is LED Light Flow which has a "sleeper setting" (obviously only temporarily).

Reactions: copasetic

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much. Yes I did try that once and eventually it was suggested it would do what I needed if I purchased the full version. But we finally reached in agreement that it would not turn the led all the way off and suggested the piece of tape which I'm not going to do. Ha ha ha ha

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I could be mistaken, but most notification settings include the LED, don't they? I know my LED ONLY blinks when I have a text, and I know exactly where to go to turn it off for that. I'll have to go back to other push notification settings to see if I actively switched LED off, but I think it's possible.

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Admittedly I am new so I don't know what white / blue / green / red actually mean. I even set that "sleeper" mode to 24 hours, it never worked 100% :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Take a black or other color permanent magic marker to the LED, let it dry hit it again until your liking.

It will dim it out and can be taken off with a dab of alcohol

So you won't ruin the phone

There is also a few APPs mostly for "Rooted", there are other APPs you can try out if not Rooted, just check the play store, sorry I don't have any names of the APPs.

Hope that helps

:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski