No "g"....help please.

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
For some reason today, I lost both my 3g signal and my 4g signal. I was able to make phone calls so I obviously have some sort of "g" but my maxx only shows bars, no "g" and it appears I have no web service unless I get on wifi. Ive checked out the wireless in settings and have toggled back and forth from LTE and CDMA only. I am in the same area which has great service, I done several soft resets, and re-inserted the sim card. ANYONE KNOW WHAT COULD BE GOING ON?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
For some reason today, I lost both my 3g signal and my 4g signal. I was able to make phone calls so I obviously have some sort of "g" but my maxx only shows bars, no "g" and it appears I have no web service unless I get on wifi. Ive checked out the wireless in settings and have toggled back and forth from LTE and CDMA only. I am in the same area which has great service, I done several soft resets, and re-inserted the sim card. ANYONE KNOW WHAT COULD BE GOING ON?

Data network could be down in your area...do others have data connection in your area?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you checked out your wireless in settings, do you mean Wifi or Mobile data? Mobile data (i.e., 4G/3G data connection) is NOT under Wireless & networks; it is under Settings->Data manager->Data enabled. Make sure that's checked.

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
When you say you checked out your wireless in settings, do you mean Wifi or Mobile data? Mobile data (i.e., 4G/3G data connection) is NOT under Wireless & networks; it is under Settings->Data manager->Data enabled. Make sure that's checked.

Thats it! Thank you. I don't know why it got "unchecked". Up and running now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's good. I find it helpful to have a widget that can toggle mobile data on or off (since I like to conserve power, even with our mammoth battery). Unfortunately, the stock toggle widgets don't give you that option. I would suggest an excellent widget on Google Play called Power Controls:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...wyLDEsImNvbS5wYWlubGVzcy5wYyJd&token=4adSzvKM

It's highly customizable, the developer is constantly improving it, and best of all, it's free (all other similar apps that I've found charge you for the full function widget). Not every toggle works with the Maxx (e.g., the flashlight toggle doesn't work, and the GPS toggle only takes you to the corresponding Settings screen), but it does everything that I want (wifi, 4G, Bluetooth, data sync, and screen brightness settings).

Reactions: ClintRo

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
That's good. I find it helpful to have a widget that can toggle mobile data on or off (since I like to conserve power, even with our mammoth battery). Unfortunately, the stock toggle widgets don't give you that option. I would suggest an excellent widget on Google Play called Power Controls:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...wyLDEsImNvbS5wYWlubGVzcy5wYyJd&token=Lmy7AXTG

It's highly customizable, the developer is constantly improving it, and best of all, it's free (all other similar apps that I've found charge you for the full function widget). Not every toggle works with the Maxx (e.g., the flashlight toggle doesn't work, and the GPS toggle only takes you to the corresponding Settings screen), but it does everything that I want (wifi, 4G, Bluetooth, data sync, and screen
brightness settings).

Thanks for posting that. Its way better than the stock android widget.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Where you using Smart Actions?

I havent used it in months. For me...my connection seems more stable when I dont use it to turn data on/off.

Also after OS, firmware updates, mobile data getting unchecked/turned off was a common thing.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...wyLDEsImNvbS5wYWlubGVzcy5wYyJd&token=qUlbvhcz

It's highly customizable, the developer is constantly improving it, and best of all, it's free (all other similar apps that I've found charge you for the full function widget). Not every toggle works with the Maxx (e.g., the flashlight toggle doesn't work, and the GPS toggle only takes you to the corresponding Settings screen), but it does everything that I want (wifi, 4G, Bluetooth, data sync, and screen brightness settings).

If you like that you should check out Elixir 2. The widgets have most of these options plus more.

For example, in one widget I have 7 toggles including airplane mode, brightness, lock, gps, BT, WiFi and ringer. All work great and the app is free and quite customizable.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d.elixir&feature=search_result&token=GExnoGI6..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that looks awesome! Only downside is the file size (4.6 MB vs. Power Controls 108K). If memory isn't a concern, then Elixir 2 looks like a real winner.

ballroomdru

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

THIS SHOULD BE BOOKMARKED/STICKIED!!!!!

I went all night without data because I didn't know this.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome