Any hope for an early Upgrade?

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Droid X on a line and its on its last legs. The problem is that I'm not due for an upgrade till 5/20/13 :(

Is there any hope that VZ will give me an early upgrade to Razr Maxx now?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You can hope and beg:) Thanks to a family share plan, I have an upgrade available if you wanted to buy mine for the cost of me to upgrade to the new Droid Fighter/Razr Maxx HD when it comes out:) Love this phone. Really love the battery life on this phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Droid X on a line and its on its last legs. The problem is that I'm not due for an upgrade till 5/20/13 :(

Probably not that early, no. I mean it's worth a shot (give them a call). I got my upgrade pushed up by 2 months for the GN; all it took was a supervisor's note in my file. I have also heard (and experienced) that they're better about all of this over the phone and then ordering the device over the phone.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Not too likely. But you can do what I did. I was running a less than year old Blackberry 9930 (which I did and still do love, but I also love new toys) and decided I had to have the Maxx. So i went to Verizon and talked NICELY to the sales guy. After looking at the phone I asked him what he could do on price.

He said he'd check and came back with a reduction based on being unable to pair the BB with my Jabra Freeway. It got down to $525. Which still sounds high except that I got included in the price a Jambox, a Motorola handsfree and an Otterbox of some kind. None of which I will use. So being a nice guy and asking politely for a break worked out OK.

BTW - I *was* able to pair with the Jabra. He was looking for a way to help and used that as a loophole.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Not too likely. But you can do what I did. I was running a less than year old Blackberry 9930 (which I did and still do love, but I also love new toys) and decided I had to have the Maxx. So i went to Verizon and talked NICELY to the sales guy. After looking at the phone I asked him what he could do on price.

He said he'd check and came back with a reduction based on being unable to pair the BB with my Jabra Freeway. It got down to $525. Which still sounds high except that I got included in the price a Jambox, a Motorola handsfree and an Otterbox of some kind. None of which I will use. So being a nice guy and asking politely for a break worked out OK.

This has so much truth in it. Be nice. They may not be nice back, but be nice. It goes a LONG way in customer service relations.

mikelthedj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
There is a promo for some customers that have 3g devise to switch into a 4g device. Call or go to corp store and ask. I don't think 3rd parties have access to that promo. I quit VZW first week of May and the promo was good till the end of May.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
When i asked about upgrading my phone 5 days early at a corporate store, i was told that verizon put a block in the computer system that prevents stores from making any early upgrades.

Now this only came from a store csr, so take it for what its worth. I just ended up going back 5 days later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

mikelthedj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean, early upgrades and promos are a bit different. VZW will issue promos only when its a benefit to them. ie 3g to 4g conversion.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
There is a promo for some customers that have 3g devise to switch into a 4g device. Call or go to corp store and ask. I don't think 3rd parties have access to that promo. I quit VZW first week of May and the promo was good till the end of May.

Will this upgrade show online? Or is it something a rep will have access to - even to view it?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Insurance? Total equipment coverage.
You are a full year away. They used to do annual upgrades but did away with that ore than a year ago.

Ask nicely.