End of June for ICS???

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting interpretation by someone that did not listen to anything that happened at CES, and since this device came out after CES 2012.... Motorola said at CES that this would get an update for ICS in Q2.

Interesting that you don't remember that when the the razor launched ICS was touted as early 2012. The Maxx is the same besides the battery. Yes I followed CES. So yes according to Moto the update isn't late for the Maxx, but when the line launched it was slated for a much earlier release. So yea, it's way past due.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
even if it takes them another month to iron out all the quirks that is fine by me. what bothers me is when Verizon holds off on releasing updates just so they can add more bloat or what not.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that you don't remember that when the the razor launched ICS was touted as early 2012. The Maxx is the same besides the battery. Yes I followed CES. So yes according to Moto the update isn't late for the Maxx, but when the line launched it was slated for a much earlier release. So yea, it's way past due.

Your profile says you have a Galaxy Nexus... do you own a Razr or a Razr Maxx... or are you just trying to inflame this thread???

Reactions: eddiea

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Seems we get a lot of Nexus users on this forum. I wonder how many Maxx users troll the Nexus forums?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Your profile says you have a Galaxy Nexus... do you own a Razr or a Razr Maxx... or are you just trying to inflame this thread???

Seems we get a lot of Nexus users on this forum. I wonder how many Maxx users troll the Nexus forums?
For what it's worth, he did post this on the forum. Besides, his concerns on when ICS will be here are just as legitimate as ours.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/178792-never-thought-i-would-say-but-my-maxx-comes-tomorrow.html

Reactions: bradenfontaine

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm on my 4'th Nexus and finally agreed to switch it out for a maxx that is supposed to arrive sometime today, so go play your troll games elsewhere.

I don't see anything I said as trying to inflame this thread. It is about ICS being well past due, and a selling point of the OG Raz was an upgrade to ICS in early 2012. The Maxx is besides battery size essentially the same phone, so regardless of owning the phone or not In my opinion early adapters of the Razor line have been kind of screwed by an untruth told at launch.

Reactions: Cbollo

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

You get a lot of Nexus users on this forum because Verizon offers the Maxx to Nexus users who have had repeated problems with their Nexus. I see some ex-Nexus/current Maxx owners on the Nexus forum helping out as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 4'th Nexus and finally agreed to switch it out for a maxx that is supposed to arrive sometime today, so go play your troll games elsewhere.

I don't see anything I said as trying to inflame this thread. It is about ICS being well past due, and a selling point of the OG Raz was an upgrade to ICS in early 2012. The Maxx is besides battery size essentially the same phone, so regardless of owning the phone or not In my opinion early adapters of the Razor line have been kind of screwed by an untruth told at launch.

Peace--sorry for the poor choice of word. To answer your original complaint, if ICS rolls out before the end of this month (i.e., by the end of Q2), then it is still technically reasonable to call it early 2012, if you divide the year in half. After June would mean the later half of 2012.

If you're on your 4th Nexus, then you must be at least somewhat familiar with how Android updates work, and how slow and convoluted the process usually is. It's so rare that a major update rolls out according to the originally posted schedule that every announcement should always be taken with a grain of salt. We all just gotta be patient.

Reactions: metz65

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Sorry if I hit a nerve... but the Razr Maxx was not released until mid to late January and anyone that purchased one knew from CES that ICS was not coming until Q2 of this year per Motorola... and they can only do things as fast as Verizon will allow!!!

And this is a Razr Maxx Thread... not a Razr Thread.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Peace--sorry for the poor choice of word. To answer your original complaint, if ICS rolls out before the end of this month (i.e., by the end of Q2), then it is still technically reasonable to call it early 2012, if you divide the year in half. After June would mean the later half of 2012.

If you're on your 4th Nexus, then you must be at least somewhat familiar with how Android updates work, and how slow and convoluted the process usually is. It's so rare that a major update rolls out according to the originally posted schedule that every announcement should always be taken with a grain of salt. We all just gotta be patient.

No hard feelings here. Yea my Android days go back to when the OG Droid came out and the update process isn't the best. You are correct in saying they are never on time and anyone who follows android forums or is an android enthusiast knows this. I don't think the general walk into Verizon to get a phone cause it looked cool on TV does know that. That's why personally I don't think updates should be used in the marketing campaign for any phone. I just personally feel it's kinda misleading to the masses.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No hard feelings here. Yea my Android days go back to when the OG Droid came out and the update process isn't the best. You are correct in saying they are never on time and anyone who follows android forums or is an android enthusiast knows this. I don't think the general walk into Verizon to get a phone cause it looked cool on TV does know that. That's why personally I don't think updates should be used in the marketing campaign for any phone. I just personally feel it's kinda misleading to the masses.

That's like saying politicians shouldn't make campaign promises!:D

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Too bad there's not a "dislike" feature or you'd be getting a lot from me. You are supposed to be an advisor or whatever your title is, but you seem more to be trying to agitate people. Allow others to share opinions without having to jump in and make them feel stupid.

ICS is way passed due because it's been out since December and only about 7% of phones have it. That's ridiculous in a market where tech and operating systems are changed so frequently. I don't care what was said at CES, they should do a better job of updating phones. They could have said "Expect ICS in Q3 of 2018" and you'd be defending them because "it was said at CES".

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Too bad there's not a "dislike" feature or you'd be getting a lot from me. You are supposed to be an advisor or whatever your title is, but you seem more to be trying to agitate people. Allow others to share opinions without having to jump in and make them feel stupid.

ICS is way passed due because it's been out since December and only about 7% of phones have it. That's ridiculous in a market where tech and operating systems are changed so frequently. I don't care what was said at CES, they should do a better job of updating phones. They could have said "Expect ICS in Q3 of 2018" and you'd be defending them because "it was said at CES".

We all have opinions... and I'm not against everyone speaking their mind, but it was not too long ago a number of Galaxy Nexus users were spending a lot of time causing waves here in the Razr Maxx forum because of the Maxx coming out so soon after the Razr was first released... which then lead to some threads being locked. I will leave it at that.

Reactions: LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
We all have opinions... and I'm not against everyone speaking their mind, but it was not too long ago a number of Galaxy Nexus users were spending a lot of time causing waves here in the Razr Maxx forum because of the Maxx coming out so soon after the Razr was first released... which then lead to some threads being locked. I will leave it at that.

Okay that I can definitely appreciate, because I have gotten sick of some phone owners destroying other phone owners forum experience with their trolling. Thank you for the explanation. Also, thanks for your efforts in making sure that isn't continuing.

Sean1431

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So I'm assuming nobody has heard anything else? This forum got so quiet!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that there is some truth to the 12'th. I do miss my ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
When I spoke with Verizon, the rep said he didn't think it would happen the 12th. FWIW

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
When I spoke with Verizon, the rep said he didn't think it would happen the 12th. FWIW

I have excepted the fact that it will probably be awhile. So I just downloaded go launcher and got the ics theme. Its not tha real thing but it will do for now. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol