Maxx coming my way!

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon's tech. My Gnex was having so many issues they decided to send me a Razr Maxx! All I did was mention it. He saw I was having bad signal issues and even after a replacement and extended battery the phone simply sucked. He said there's no reason to keep sending replacement Nexus and having the same issue.

Very pleased with how this went down and look forward to having a phone that works. ICS is supposedly coming soon. Hopefully I love the switch!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the MAXX forums. Be sure to read some of the older posts, many users came from the GNex.

Sent from DROID RAZR MAXX.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon's tech. My Gnex was having so many issues they decided to send me a Razr Maxx! All I did was mention it. He saw I was having bad signal issues and even after a replacement and extended battery the phone simply sucked. He said there's no reason to keep sending replacement Nexus and having the same issue.

Very pleased with how this went down and look forward to having a phone that works. ICS is supposedly coming soon. Hopefully I love the switch!

Welcome :) Verizon did the same thing for me after many dropped calls and network issues. I can say this is the best phone I've ever had. I do agree the screen could be better but I'm not having any issues with my phone. The battery and the signal rocks :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This actually pisses me off. The ONLY thing they would send me is a regular razr. So I sent it back. I'll keep my gn and keep sending them in.

update: apparently, after numerious calls (3 times a day over the last month) and 5 gn's, 1 razr, they are going to send me the maxx.

Last edited:

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

That's whats up. I'm debating on doing the same thing. ICS for the razr is almost vanilla and I'd love to have moto radios and 2 days of battery life.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
This actually pisses me off. The ONLY thing they would send me is a regular razr. So I sent it back. I'll keep my gn and keep sending them in.

update: apparently, after numerious calls (3 times a day over the last month) and 5 gn's, 1 razr, they are going to send me the maxx.

It all depends who you talk to. I never had a replacement nexus, just the level 2 tech knew about all the problems and I told him I was on 4.0.4 (I lied a little here, all I really had was the radios, but when he asked for build number I gave him the 4.0.4 one) he then verified that it was available by doing a Google search because there wasn't any info in their system.
He attributed this due to the fact that they hardly had anything to do with the nexus because it was a "Google" phone. So after 20 mins he actually offered to get me into a different model phone. And he even said "I'm gonna send you the maxx, you'll be very happy with the battery life"
So i would just keep calling for all you people who are trying to swap phones. It all matters on who you talk to. It doesn't seem like they have a set guide line of when to offer a swap. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I told him that I just left my family plan and started my own contract just so i could get the nexus at the discounted price but I don't know.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS!!! ;)

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My Max is on its way as well, I am tired of dealing with the radios/software on the Nexus. I had one agent tell me all I could do was wait for an update.

Mine will be here tomorrow with a new set of anti-glare screen protecters thrown in by Verizon.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my maxx! Posting from my nexus on wifi now......I definitely miss ICS...the HD screen....and no bloatware...but I have 5 bars of service.....just gray on my nexus. Battery has barely moved and I've been downloading and installing apps for an hour. Such a better experience!

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Another recent convert from the Nexus. Loved ICS but the signal and battery was abysmal. I also don't like Samsung's MTP. I would rather have an sdcard. 32gb card added and im ready to go. Battery life and signal is amazing on the maxx. :'(

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one yesterday, coming from the Rezound.
I love the HD screen, Beats, and the form factor of the Rezound, but 2 day battery life on 4G and Moto's stock-like ICS is a welcomed change.
Honestly, I wouldn't have used my last family plan upgrade if Verizon wasn't bending us over with the shared data plan fiasco. But in all, I'm glad to have a Maxx.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my maxx. Would have had it yesterday but there was a plane malfunction and it was delayed.....can't wait to see what kind of battery life I can get from a full charge. I could make the regular RAZR 10hrs with over 2hrs on screen. Glad I got rid of my gnex for it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my Max today as well, activated it and did most of my app downloads while I was relocating the speakers on my Harley. I'll have to wait a few days to form an opinion, but so far I do like it. It does need some "ICS" love though.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Unplugged this morning at 5 am with 100% charge. Used pretty heavy through work and after I got home. It's 12:12 am now and I'm still at 34%. Wow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just pulled the 16 GB card out of my Xoom since I wasn't being used and loaded it into my Max. Tomorrow I will fill it with mp3's to listen to while I am on the bike, when I want something other than Sirius to listen to.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I just pulled the 16 GB card out of my Xoom since I wasn't being used and loaded it into my Max. Tomorrow I will fill it with mp3's to listen to while I am on the bike, when I want something other than Sirius to listen to.

The Maxx already has a 16gb card installed. :confused: lol have fun.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo