uhhh ICS??..Where?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I am sure you all have googled when the Razr & Razr maxx will be getting the new and improved ICS update??..Its June 12th..WHERE THE HELL IS IT??...Its bad enough Big Red is making us change our unlimited data plan!..I want ice cream LOL..I read on CNET that the ICS update will rollout as of today...I dont know what to believe anymore..any ideas people?..thanks!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I see this turning into what our "where's the 4.0.4 update" turned into. If i'm right, buckle up comrades :).

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I am sure you all have googled when the Razr & Razr maxx will be getting the new and improved ICS update??..Its June 12th..WHERE THE HELL IS IT??...Its bad enough Big Red is making us change our unlimited data plan!..I want ice cream LOL..I read on CNET that the ICS update will rollout as of today...I dont know what to believe anymore..any ideas people?..thanks!

There's been no official date, only "end of Q2".

And you don't have to change your unlimited data plan. If you currently have unlimited, you can keep it. You aren't forced to move to the new "Share Everything" plan.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
They said end of Q2 which is end of June. But the way Verizon works, end of Q2 is when they will remember that Razr Maxx owners exist. End of Q3 is when they'll start sending out a soak test. then we wont hear anything until 95% of Maxx owners have updated to something else. Then they'll act like they're all fantastic when they release the ICS update to 55 customers. This will be of course when Android 7.1.2 is being released on other phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Very good point. They still have a whole 2 weeks left! Silly us for expecting them to take some initiative and get the thing out before "Zero Hour"

Silly indeed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
They said end of Q2 which is end of June. But the way Verizon works, end of Q2 is when they will remember that Razr Maxx owners exist. End of Q3 is when they'll start sending out a soak test. then we wont hear anything until 95% of Maxx owners have updated to something else. Then they'll act like they're all fantastic when they release the ICS update to 55 customers. This will be of course when Android 7.1.2 is being released on other phones.

I would hope that Verizon hasn't forgotten about Razr Maxx owners, since it's the top selling phone they offer.

Sometimes I think it would be better to have no info about updates and then the update pushes than to have all these rumors to make us obsess about something we already know will be here eventually. It certainly would take a load off my mind.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would hope that Verizon hasn't forgotten about Razr Maxx owners, since it's the top selling phone they offer.

Sometimes I think it would be better to have no info about updates and then the update pushes than to have all these rumors to make us obsess about something we already know will be here eventually. It certainly would take a load off my mind.

Is there a difference between the ROMs for the RAZR and RAZR Maxx? I was under the impression that they run the same exact version.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Stone Cold RN

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you heard the report from Droid life that Verizon has reported no release date for ICS for Razr and Maxx owners yet? I've seen this a couple places now, but not here.:(

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you heard the report from Droid life that Verizon has reported no release date for ICS for Razr and Maxx owners yet? I've seen this a couple places now, but not here.:(

I would never trust Droid Life, but that's just me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma