Lemon or Not?

steve3140

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been searching several forums, car forums and this site regarding my BT problem but haven't found an answer yet, so I apologize if its a repeat - I upgraded to a Razr Maxx from a BB less than 2 weeks ago (tomorrow is the end of the two week return period) and have all but given up with trying to resolve my BT problem.

The issue is the BT connection between the razr maxx and the car (2006 Nissan Maxima) using factory radio/BT phone system. I can place a BT call and it works great for the most part. However, on every 3 - 4th call, there is a burst of static (reminds me of the old modem "handshake" days) while connecting, at which point there is static, but I can hear the other person but they can not hear me. Hanging up and redialing does not solve the problem. The phone has even shut down upon disconnecting a phone call to the point where holding the hard reset for a few minutes is the only way to get the phone to come back to life (with a reboot). A call through the handset (no BT) works crystal clear. I have read some people are having difficulty streaming music, getting skips, and having difficulty getting the phone to connect via BT, I have not come across any comments or solutions to what I am experiencing.

I have played with a combination of BT, wifi, 3g, 4g, phone on charger / off charger etc but still the issue remains. I took the phone back to Verizon, they suggested a wipe of the phone (which they did) and a call to tech support. A call to tech support said they had no reported issues like mine and put a note to my file.

Is it possible that this particular phone is a lemon, or is it a bigger issue with hardware? I was hoping ICS would be out last Tuesday to see if that would fix the problem but we know how that went.

I am on the road a couple of hours a day and the hands free phone is one of the best features on the car. If it wasn't for this BT issue, the phone would be damn near 100% perfect -

Thanks for your time.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't know for sure what the problem could be, but I wanted to post a reply just so you know you aren't being ignored. I'll keep my eyes and ears open

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A quick search of other forums suggests that your problem is not unique--some people have noticed static on Bluetooth calls after the most recent update, although others said the update fixed the problem. It sounds like you've already done the main things I would initially suggest--soft reset or hard reset (i.e., factory reset). I assume you already tried deleting the Bluetooth pairing and then reestablishing the pairing as well? If not, try that. I'm not sure if a hard reset does that automatically, because those settings might have been backed up to your Google account, if you had the phone set to do so.

Another thing to try if possible is to see how the phone interacts with another Bluetooth connection in another car. If the same thing happens, then clearly it's the phone. If it's fine, then it's more likely something about your Nissan's Bluetooth system.

Hope you can figure it out!

steve3140

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to follow up with my original post. I dug out an old Motorola M500 BT earpiece I had laying around and that seemed to work fine, just hated it hanging on my ear -

I upgraded to ICS yesterday morning, decided to try the car's BT again to see if the problem was resolved. Was able to make and receive several phone calls of varying length and time. No lock up, phone worked flawlessly.

At this point, it looks like GB and my car did not get along and was resolved with the upgrade to ICS.

Thanks for your help -

Steve

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn