Charging port

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got the razr maxx today and am really enjoying it! Though is it just me or is the stock charger a little difficult to connect to thw phone? It tales a bit more of a push to get it in amd i don't want to damage it. Was told my previous droid incredible charger would work with it but I dont want to damage anything.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the Maxx's USB/charge port is a little wonky. It'd be nice if the plug went in with a definite click, but instead you have to sorta shove it in. I used to have an Incredible, and I found that its charger oddly wouldn't work for the Maxx, even though the plug fit. You can try, but that was my experience.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I found the same issue with my Maxx as well. It seems to be the micro USB plug on the charger from Motorola. My generic car cord from Verizon clicks in no problem as does my old charger cord from an old Samsung phone. I just took the cord from the old Samsung charger and I now use it with the Moto charger cube because the footprint is more compact. Not really sure why the factory cord does not fit better, micro USB is a standard interface you would think they should all be the same,but alas, the joys of mass production:p

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Im still using my wall charger from my old BB curve 8900 . Easy fit and I like the added length of the cord. Been working like a charm on every phone Ive owned for years

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the ports on the top, I notice the micro USB is recessed further than the micro HDMI port. Is that the same for everyone else? If so, that may be the reason for the odd connection.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the ports on the top, I notice the micro USB is recessed further than the micro HDMI port. Is that the same for everyone else? If so, that may be the reason for the odd connection.

That's normal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine is recessed as well. My Kindle Fire charge fits the phone nicely, and the longer cord length is great. Two other chargers I used on my Incredible won't attach to the Maxx.

Pretty odd.