broken home button

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My home button no longer works. I've reset my phone several times but its still not working. At first I thought it was because I was using launcher pro. I deleted that and still it doesn't work. Looks like I'll have to look into getting another one. My phone isn't under warranty because I got this phone from an upgrade using another line. Anyone else experiencing capacitive button issues?

Edit: looks like my search button is broken too.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My home button no longer works. I've reset my phone several times but its still not working. At first I thought it was because I was using launcher pro. I deleted that and still it doesn't work. Looks like I'll have to look into getting another one. My phone isn't under warranty because I got this phone from an upgrade using another line. Anyone else experiencing capacitive button issues?

Edit: looks like my search button is broken too.

It is under warranty. I get phones on different lines that are available for upgrade all the time, and then activate them to the line I use. It doesn't matter.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
It is under warranty. I get phones on different lines that are available for upgrade all the time, and then activate them to the line I use. It doesn't matter.

Really?! I hope you're right! I really don't want to pay $100 for an insurance claim. Looks like I'll be calling VZW tomorrow.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Update: I powered off my phone for a minute and took off my silicon case and turned my phone back on. Now the home and search buttons are working again... I don't know whether I should be happy or still try and exchange it.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Update: I powered off my phone for a minute and took off my silicon case and turned my phone back on. Now the home and search buttons are working again... I don't know whether I should be happy or still try and exchange it.

Maybe the case is messing with the buttons or something? Or it was just the way it was fitted on there. Give it a couple more days and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae