Hopefully getting a razr maxx in the next few days

manordwall

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had 6 phones in the past year. 4 of them have been WebOS and two Android. My current phone is a Palm Pre 2 which might be the best phone I've ever played with. Overclocked at 1.4ghz and free tethering I might add. But I do realize technology is changing and I need to stay up to date. I do live in a 4g area which is a big plus since its what I've wanted since Sprint started throwing around the term 4g. (I know Sprint was originally WiMax and Verizon is LTE and all that craziness, I'm no dummy.) What is the difficulty of rooting and tethering the Razr Maxx to those who have done it? Definitely not going to pay moneez for hotspot. (Never have, Never Will.) Wanted to know what to expect all in all with making the switch from WebOS.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had 6 phones in the past year. 4 of them have been WebOS and two Android. My current phone is a Palm Pre 2 which might be the best phone I've ever played with. Overclocked at 1.4ghz and free tethering I might add. But I do realize technology is changing and I need to stay up to date. I do live in a 4g area which is a big plus since its what I've wanted since Sprint started throwing around the term 4g. (I know Sprint was originally WiMax and Verizon is LTE and all that craziness, I'm no dummy.) What is the difficulty of rooting and tethering the Razr Maxx to those who have done it? Definitely not going to pay moneez for hotspot. (Never have, Never Will.) Wanted to know what to expect all in all with making the switch from WebOS.

If you thought the pre rocked wait till I get a nexus Max ect type high end phone. There are ways to free tether after rooting which is a whole other topic. I see rooting and tethering no different than your pre being Able to do it for free. Have fun. I'm waiting for my Max to come in to replace my Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To make your Maxx into a wifi hotspot without having to deal with Verizon's extra charges, look into the Foxfi app.