Webtop 3.0 on ICS?

ryanracer48

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I was a consistent user of the webtop and there are a few things i like with the change and a few that I don't.

Pros:
More of a tablet like experience. Apps don't just run in a stretched out duplicate of your phone.

Faster by a noticeable amount.

I find the navigation and notification panels easier and more convenient to use.

Widgets right on the desktop.

REMOTE DESKTOP ACTUALLY ALLOWS YOU TO USE A MOUSE CORRECTLY!!
This was big time for me, even Teamviewer in Gingerbread would make you click and scroll the mouse as if you were "touch and dragging" on the phone itself. Very weird to do.

Cons:

I can no longer zoom webpages by using ctrl+ mousewheel.

SuperGNES no longer functions on ICS period so I can't play my SNES games on my lapdock with the wii remote/classic controller.

In text messaging I used to be able to press ALT+Enter to quick send a message. Perhaps it still works in Handcent but it definitely does not work in the native app. For some reason Handcent just feels laggy after ICS.

Selecting text to say copy and paste is just stupid because it scrolls when you click and drag the mouse.

Conclusion:

So far they have made positive strides. While they have a lot of things to continue improving, I think they hit more major positives than caused major issues.

+1 devs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power