Droid razr maxx

aneel72

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain how to set a "DIFFERENT" notification tone for email than text on the Razr MAXX, not the RAZR... they have 2 different set ups for the notification screens.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain how to set a "DIFFERENT" notification tone for email than text on the Razr MAXX, not the RAZR... they have 2 different set ups for the notification screens.

They're the same. Unless one of them is on ics

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

The Razr Maxx and Razr are using the exact same ROM version... so they are exactly the same for setting up notification sounds.

You can set the system notification sound by going into Settings > Sounds. Not sure about regular email notification, but in Gmail you can open the Gmail app > Menu > Settings > select the account > I believe you can scroll to the bottom, select Notifications > then select Ringtone and set your notification tone for just that email address... this way you can set different ringtones for different Gmail addresses if you want.

Unfortunately I don't have the stock Gingerbread ROM right now.... I'm on ICS... and you can do this with ICS also... and you can set a specific ringtone for the Text Message app as well.

jdazzle

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Should be able to access motivations for just the email by hitting the menu button when in your email.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

aneel72

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but when I go through what you stated... when I go to the bottom of the email settings, the only option I am given for notifications is if it is shown in the "notification bar or not" No option to change the tone. I am getting the same tone for text and email, and it's driving me crazy.. I had the Droid X and was able to set a different tone for every app/setting I had.

aneel72

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
after messing around, I found it going thru 2 other screens inside the gmail settings and thru the screen notification tab... not at all where you would even think to look, and absolutely NOT where all the guides and You Tube vids show and tell you to go....
Thanks for the help:)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
after messing around, I found it going thru 2 other screens inside the gmail settings and thru the screen notification tab... not at all where you would even think to look, and absolutely NOT where all the guides and You Tube vids show and tell you to go....
Thanks for the help:)

But you could still find it... and it is there. :cool:

JaxxAmerican

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site

To change the notification tone for text, tap text icon, menu, settings, etc. When you change through the main settings menu it only changes your email notification. Thanks to the person who originally pointed this out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21