Battery life on ics

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OK I wiped the partition cache so let's see what happens the battery is currently at 100% and I'm lightly using it mainly to text every 10-15 min intervals. Let's see how long it takes for the charge to drop to 80% by waking up the phone and putting it back to sleep. On GB I'd avg 3.5-4.0 hrs from 100%-80% doing the exact same thing so I'm watching for the outcome. I will post a screen shot as soon as I hit 80%

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Please keep in mind that it still may take 3-4 battery charge cycles before the battery life returns to normal.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
OK I wiped the partition cache so let's see what happens the battery is currently at 100% and I'm lightly using it mainly to text every 10-15 min intervals. Let's see how long it takes for the charge to drop to 80% by waking up the phone and putting it back to sleep. On GB I'd avg 3.5-4.0 hrs from 100%-80% doing the exact same thing so I'm watching for the outcome. I will post a screen shot as soon as I hit 80%

Looks much worse now then the screen shots from earlier. Guys chime in im wondering what's the issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Please keep in mind that it still may take 3-4 battery charge cycles before the battery life returns to normal.

I've had the ota since last Saturday night I've done a FDR wipe cache and I have had about 12 charge cycles and my battery life still sucks. I got the survey on Tuesday from moto and I let them know the battery life is my only gripe on the ics build

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Looks much worse now then the screen shots from earlier. Guys chime in im wondering what's the issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

At this rate the battery will drop from 100%-80% in 42 mins based on the screen shot battery stats that's insane lol. I see with ICS the battery increments are based on percentages of 10 but for the battery to drop from 100-90 in 21 mins that's not normal I'm not using it heavily at all

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had the ota since last Saturday night I've done a FDR wipe cache and I have had about 12 charge cycles and my battery life still sucks. I got the survey on Tuesday from moto and I let them know the battery life is my only gripe on the ics build

Hmm, that's a bummer. If you haven't done so yet, try letting the battery run down to 15-20%, then power off and fully charge overnight. Try that for a couple of charge cycles.

sharkstyle

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
My phone was fully charged when I manually installed update this morning around 4:40. Left it charged while downloading, updating, and then manually updating GApps since some of them for rolled back. Created some homescreen folders, then unplugged and went to sleep at 6:30. Woke up at 10am to adjust my fantasy baseball lineup, then "snoozed" :)p) until 12:30. Battery was down to 90%.
10% in 6 hours of idle equates to 60 hours of standby (I'm really minimal on apps/background data). I feel like that's really bad because it discharged that much while idle, but I think in the end, it will still equate to the 24-36 hours I would get with GB.
I believe my reception dropped a bit since the update which may be affecting battery life. I was hovering around -80 to -90dBm and now I'm at -100dBm or worse.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Im running Go Launcher that worked fine on GB but now appears to be using double the Ram. I also want the option back to Auto End apps that I installed and feel are running for no reason at all. Like the ones in the pictures attached. This is riduculaous. We need fewer processes running and get this battery life back up. I have my Smart actions set up to disable Cell data, background data, Wi-Fi & bluetooth. On GB I'd still have 100% after 4hrs. Now with ics I've dropped below 90 already. This is not right.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
With the hit the battery has taken no wonder it took Motorola and Verizon so long to get this update out.

I bet it was hard as hell to figure out how to turn the Razr Maxx into a Galaxy Nexus.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
With the hit the battery has taken no wonder it took Motorola and Verizon so long to get this update out.

I bet it was hard as hell to figure out how to turn the Razr Maxx into a Galaxy Nexus.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

I totally agree.

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I forgot I still had screen animations enabled. I turned off the setting and it seems to have improved to gb levels. I will give it a few more days before I am certain

handyman79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
having the same problem with battery life...but as you can see...i dont have much running so not sure why this is going on. even disabled a ton of bloat wear that came on the phone

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This is the result after I disabled screen animations. Before this I was getting down to 80% in a hour

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having issues with battery life while using Smart Actions on ICS. Same issue I saw on GB. I get much better battery life when I leave Smart Actions turned off.

I have been tinkering around my phone since the ICS update to improve battery life. I normally use the battery extender smart action app. Are you sure that this app (or all smart action apps) actually make battery life worse? Do you think I should disable it? Thanks.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting close to 48hrs with ICS and I'm starting to see my battery life go back to normal prior to ICS yesturday I was going nuts but it seems to have stabilized today compared to yesturday some one in this thread suggested I do a partition cache wipe and I did but I do not have facts to prove whether or not that worked but I admit I am much happier compared to yesturday.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting close to 48hrs with ICS and I'm starting to see my battery life go back to normal prior to ICS yesturday I was going nuts but it seems to have stabilized today compared to yesturday some one in this thread suggested I do a partition cache wipe and I did but I do not have facts to prove whether or not that worked but I admit I am much happier compared to yesturday.

That's exactly my thinking. I even went ahead with a factory reset because things were just a tad sluggish, while battery life was pretty much back to normal.. That seemed to help a lot, but it's just so hard to tell for sure. I'd need to do a controlled trial, with 2 identical Maxxes, one that was reset and the other not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca