Where are photos stored?

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a used Razr Maxx last week. Really like the phone, but this photo issue has me scratching my head. Where does the Maxx store the photos you take by default?

I took a number of photos over the weekend, but I cannot find them anywhere on my device. This morning when I went into the Camera app and took an image, it was only after I pressed the photo thumbnail and looked at the image that it saved to a folder called camera. The only photo I could find showed up in this Camera directory on the external SD card. The others don't seem to exist.

Normally with phone cameras, when I take a photo, it automatically saves it to a directory and it's there until I manually delete it. So I cannot explain why the other photos aren't there.

Any help is appreciated.

Elizabeth K.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I found the three photos I took today, but the ones from this weekend are not in the gallery. Thanks for pointing me to the right app though.

4TTube

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Try going back into APPS, then My Files, then Internal phone storage, scroll down until you see DCIM, that should contain your other photos.
Hope this helps!

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Try said above. Also, when you go into my gallery, click on the my library that is under and to the left if camera roll.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

JPOU

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
How do you transfer the photo gallery to the SD card? When I plug the card into my card reader, the DCIM folder on the card is empty! The photos are visible on both the camera and gallery apps so I know they are stored there. I don't want to send them one by one to my email but rather copy them all off the card or phone. PLEASE HELP!

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
How do you transfer the photo gallery to the SD card? When I plug the card into my card reader, the DCIM folder on the card is empty! The photos are visible on both the camera and gallery apps so I know they are stored there. I don't want to send them one by one to my email but rather copy them all off the card or phone. PLEASE HELP!
The default storage is internal memory, not the SD card.

You can set (and transfer) photo storage to the SD card:
System Settings> Storage> Manage Internal Storage.

Also if you connect to your computer via USB you can view both internal storage and SD card as drives and find the DCIM folder that has the photos.

BTW, the stock photo gallery app sucks. Get QuickPic.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a used Razr Maxx last week. Really like the phone, but this photo issue has me scratching my head. Where does the Maxx store the photos you take by default?

I took a number of photos over the weekend, but I cannot find them anywhere on my device. This morning when I went into the Camera app and took an image, it was only after I pressed the photo thumbnail and looked at the image that it saved to a folder called camera. The only photo I could find showed up in this Camera directory on the external SD card. The others don't seem to exist.

Normally with phone cameras, when I take a photo, it automatically saves it to a directory and it's there until I manually delete it. So I cannot explain why the other photos aren't there.

Any help is appreciated.

Elizabeth K.

The stock camera can save to either internal phone memory or to an external SD card, and you can choose either using the camera's Settings menu. In the camera, press the Menu button, tap the gear icon, then scroll up until you see "Storage Location." Tapping on this will give you the option to select internal phone storage or SD card.

You can use the Razr Maxx's stock My Files app to navigate to the folder where your pics are stored. If you picked Internal phone storage, then go to My Files->Internal phone storage->DCIM->Camera. If you picked SD card, then go to My Files->SD card->DCIM->Camera. Keep in mind that this applies only to the stock camera. If you use a 3rd party camera app like CameraZOOM, the storage directory will be different.

If you're using a 3rd party file manager like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager, then you need to know the actual directory names. For internal phone storage, the directory is /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera. For the external SD card, the direcgtory is /mnt/sdcard-ext/DCIM/Camera.

JPOU

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
None of these options seem to work on my phone (DROID INCREDIBLE). Indeed, the first thing I ever tried to do was to simply plug the phone into the computer via USB, but I got a message to the regard that the device was not readable. In the settings related to internal storage the only option I see it to delete the internal storage. I cannot find any options to transfer the photos..except one by one via email or some social network. There are too many photos to do it that way!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
None of these options seem to work on my phone (DROID INCREDIBLE). Indeed, the first thing I ever tried to do was to simply plug the phone into the computer via USB, but I got a message to the regard that the device was not readable. In the settings related to internal storage the only option I see it to delete the internal storage. I cannot find any options to transfer the photos..except one by one via email or some social network. There are too many photos to do it that way!

Keep in mind that this is a Droid Razr Maxx forum, and parts of what I described are specific to that phone, not the Incredible. That being said, I used to have an Incredible, and there shouldn't be any problems with plugging it into your PC to have its memory accessed as separate drives. Are you sure you have your phone set to USB Mass Storage (or possibly "Disk Drive") when you connect it to your PC? If it's set to Charge Only, it won't be readable by the PC. To change the connection setting, swipe down the notification bar while the phone is connected to the PC, look for some sort of USB connection notfication, tap on it, and make sure the option that is selected is USB Mass Storage. Here's a link to a Verizon support article that might help:
Transfer Pictures / Videos - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

If you're still having problems connecting your Incredible to your PC, try a soft reset:
Soft Reset - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

Refugio mayorga

May 21, 2016
Visit site

Any help is appreciated.

Elizabeth K.

Refugio mayorga

May 21, 2016
Visit site

Any help is appreciated.

Elizabeth K.

Refugio mayorga

May 21, 2016
Visit site

Any help is appreciated.

Elizabeth K.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781