Disabling Applications

cerktman

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that are running ICS, are you finding the need to disable applications to conserve battery? If so, which ones that are loaded by the ROM are you disabling?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that are running ICS, are you finding the need to disable applications to conserve battery? If so, which ones that are loaded by the ROM are you disabling?

"to conserve battery".... NO.... to remove from my applications list... YES. Most all the VZW apps.... VZNavigator, VCast Tones, Tasks, Slingbox, Slacker, MOG Music, Amazon Kindle... just to start. It's nice that when you disable them they are removed from my app list.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
"to conserve battery".... NO.... to remove from my applications list... YES. Most all the VZW apps.... VZNavigator, VCast Tones, Tasks, Slingbox, Slacker, MOG Music, Amazon Kindle... just to start. It's nice that when you disable them they are removed from my app list.

I diasbled most of the VZW crap apps, don?t want it or need it.

Agreed. They can't be deleted, but at least we don't have to see them any more.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Instructions on ICS:

Click on Apps icon, find app you want to disable, Long Press App, drag to top of screen over the "More options", click on App info, click on "Disable" button.

mrpat67

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
If you installed any updates you will have to uninstall the updates first. Very nice feature in ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

chris mart

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I disable certain RAM eating apps before the root, not for save battery. But now I deleted, because now I rooted.

Sent from Taptalk. Please excuse my brevity.

Rinimand

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the post - I've always wanted to know *how* to remove these apps to whatever degree I could without rooting. I uninstalled / disabled these apps:
Color (for facebook) - uninstalled
MOG (can't uninstall) - disabled
Google Listen (discontinued) - uninstalled
NFL Mobile (can't uninstall) - disabled
MOTOACTV (can't uninstall) - disabled
Social Location (for facebook, can't uninstall) - disabled
VZW Ringtones (can't uninstall) - disabled
Verizon Video (can't uninstall) - disabled
VZ Navigator (can't uninstall) - disabled
Video Calling (can't uninstall) - disabled

Trending Posts

Forum statistics