Can you disable the screenshot sound?

ACressman89

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Like the others said, theres no way to turn the shutter sound off. I have the Razr Maxx and I dont know why they didnt make it possible to turn it off. They def messed up with this one. I'm going to try to contact motorola and/or android to see if something can be done about this.

HargK

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I read this on a forum and it works for me.

-Select CAMERA
-Select SETTINGS
-Scroll to the bottom and deselect SHUTTER TONE.

JeremyBAT

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
.So I have read this forum and I don't think anyone has suggested this, if so I apologize. Anyway, I have an HTC inspire and this is the only phone I have tested this on. I figured out how to make the shutter sound for screenshots as loud or quiet as I like. This is what I did. I have my notification volume set to the same volume as my ringtone first of all. Also I have downloaded from play store an app called Android Assistant. In Android Assistant you click tools on the top right then click on the volume control section. In there you can adjust whatever volumes you want. I believe the shutter sound is linked to the notification volume so I can just put my phone on vibrate and it did work as well. Remember to set your notification volume to be the same as the ringtone volume in settings. I have tested this so I hope it helps everyone.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you have the notification volume set to the same as ringtone volume then you should be able to use the softkeys on the side of your phone to set to silent or vibrate and that should do just as well. Sorry for the confusion.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
disregard this post lol i forgot to hit the button to remove read only...duhh

Great post, this helped me get rid of this pesky sound ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781