Change gmail password?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe you can do this from your device, if that is what you are asking... you should do it from a PC or Mac.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm asking how you do it on the device after changing it on a PC? There is no menu option for this. Do I have to delete the account and add it back? That seems very clumsy.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just changed one of my Gmail accounts from my PC... I almost immediately saw a Sign-on error on my smartphone. I clicked on it and received a sign on screen for that gmail account... I signed in and was up in seconds. Maybe you should try syncing your gmail account if you did not see this.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll try that. What prompted this was I was getting an error when opening the Play store that said I needed to sign in to my gmail account. I wasn't getting any emails either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Woodstockjohn

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a unique situation. We are giving an iPad to my sister-in-law. Her Gmail account is only working on her Motorola Droid and she doesn't remember what the salesman set the password up as. So I have to change the password on the phone--no where else will work because she doesn't have an alternate email? Google Help says to switch to "desktop view" to get to the full settings where password reset is located. Problem is that no one explains how to "switch to desktop view"! Can anyone help me change the Gmail password ON THE PHONE in a way I can understand!!!

- - - Updated - - -

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I think "Switch to Desktop View" would be on a browser. Have you tried to have Google send you a link to reset the password?

Andrew Mario

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I removed the account when I couldn't find anywhere to update the password.

Do this:

1. In your Gmail, go to Settings.
2. Select the account.
3. Under DATA USAGE, mine says Gmail sync is ON. Click that.
4. Select the account.
5. In the top right corner, hit REMOVE.

Then, add the account again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz