ICS - battery life, browser issue

x1sspic

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
after upgrading to ICS (without factory reset) I was getting essentially the same battery life as with gingerbread. I had a lot of crap on my phone :D and after a few days thought that a fresh start would be a good idea and help make things a little snappier. I did a factory reset and only installed a handful of applications (nothing that I didn't already have installed prior to the factory reset), and found that the battery life seems to be sucking dry much more quickly now.... :( When I check the battery setting - "screen" is obviously ranked number 1 for battery use. The second was browser, using 20-30+ percent (and listed as hours for CPU total), when I have barely even done any browsing. Unfortunately, since I didn't notice a battery issue after upgrading to ICS (before doing a factory reset), I never bothered checking the battery screen. Any thoughts? Is this normal for the browser to use so much battery (even when not actively web browsing)? If not, what would change by doing a factory reset? I'm curious why battery life would have been unchanged from upgrading GB to ICS, but then doing a factory reset for a fresh ICS would result in noticed significantly reduced battery life?? I should also note that I do not have 4G around here at all, and have network mode set to CDMA only (and did so prior to the reformat as well).

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Long press the Home button... this will bring up your Task Manager... you can check what is running in the background and swipe left or right to close any apps. It's good to know what is running on your device.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power