iPhone 4 vs. Razr MAXX

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So I've had an iPhone 4 since April 2011 (Originally a Droid owner). 2 months ago I got the Razr MAXX and really liked it. However having a perfectly working iPhone, I couldn't really justify the cost and ended up returning it to BB after a few weeks. Just wondering if a

Anyone else out there has been torn between the iPhone and the MAXX?

Looking back I wish I would have kept it and had both when I got bored :(

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I was in exactly the same situation as you. I Came from a Samsung galaxy that was a huge piece of sh*t. I switched to the Iphone4 that I felt was a great phone and now to the RAZR maxx. I honestly only jumped ship to preserve my unlimited data but I have to say that I honestly prefer the Maxx to the Iphone for a number of reasons. 4g is a huge plus, it is strong where I live and it is amazing. Very fast and stable. I was used to having good battery life with the Iphone but the maxx really does out last even the apple. If this thing had a retina display or equivalent it would be better in every way. Hopefully the HD fixes the issue. I am waiting for the Iphone 5 and the HD and if they are a big enough jump I will upgrade. If not I am very happy with the Maxx and I will be keeping it for a while. Google finally got their heads out of their respective asses and made a truly good phone. I hope that the trend continues.
Sent from my RAZR MAXX

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I was in exactly the same situation as you. I Came from a Samsung galaxy that was a huge piece of sh*t. I switched to the Iphone4 that I felt was a great phone and now to the RAZR maxx. I honestly only jumped ship to preserve my unlimited data but I have to say that I honestly prefer the Maxx to the Iphone for a number of reasons. 4g is a huge plus, it is strong where I live and it is amazing. Very fast and stable. I was used to having good battery life with the Iphone but the maxx really does out last even the apple. If this thing had a retina display or equivalent it would be better in every way. Hopefully the HD fixes the issue. I am waiting for the Iphone 5 and the HD and if they are a big enough jump I will upgrade. If not I am very happy with the Maxx and I will be keeping it for a while. Google finally got their heads out of their respective asses and made a truly good phone. I hope that the trend continues.
Sent from my RAZR MAXX

I agree completely about the retina display. If it had that and the iPhone camera it would be the BEST! I am looking forward to seeing the MAXX HD. I will be using my upgrade on that or the iPhone 5.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I was contemplating between the 4S and the MAXX when it was time for me to get a new phone. Went to the stores, tried out each, read reviews, went to forums, and what I learned was pretty simple. It's all about preference.

I think that both phones have strengths in different areas, but what it came down to for me was the ability to customize. Android phones are great when it comes to making them into what you want them to be. iPhone's have their merits, but I just wasn't sold on them.

Right now, with ICS, the MAXX is the best phone out right now for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bgl321

Em_Es_Judd

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
apples to oranges or maybe more like apples to grapes

Like apples to some lame fruit nobody has ever heard of...

All kidding aside my roommate has a 4s that I've had time to mess around with. I like my Maxx more (originally an iPhone 3g owner), but that's just because I like the android platform more than iOS. The 4s is a great phone if that's your preference.

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
For my Phone - anything android over iOS and I do not see this changing with iOS 5. I really like to customize my phone to fit my needs and I cannot do that with the Iphone so I got the Maxx and could not be happier
For my Tablet I like the iPad - Only because there are some photography apps I use that are awesome and not on Android and with the screen on the iPad 3 it is great. I also really do not need to customize my tablet like my phone.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes i understand. I will rephrase a good os by google on higher quality hardware. Provided by Motorola that at the time was not owned by Google and now are after the RAZR maxx was created but going forward hopefully take full advantage of the new Googarola relationship and continue to produce quality devices. Sorry i often forget absolute clarity is a must on the interwebs.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

Last edited:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the iPhone4 and gave it to my daughter. I still have a company iPhone 4. I like the Maxx better. Sound quality both handset and speaker kick the iPhone4s butt. The iPhone has a much better display. There are more of my favorite apps on iPhone, but nothing I can't live without. The radios are much better on the Maxx. Battery of course is much better. The Maxx is more comfortable to use - I hate holding the iPhone. Overall the Maxx is a better phone.

I really wish Swype was available for iPhone. I love Swype.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a Maxx, but due to the restricted environment have never owned an iphone.
I do know 3 acquaintances at work that had android phones, bought into the hype and upgraded to an iphone. They all returned in the 14 day window, 2 for the Maxx 1 for a Rezound.
My friend also has a Maxx, that means 4 out of 5 dentists I mean phone users prefere the Maxx. :rolleyes:

Not that it matters, we all be rednecks in Southern Illinois anyway. :beer: ;)

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a 3GS and then a 4 and left them to get an EVO. That's what I think of the iPhones. I went Evo, Evo 3D, Rezound, Maxx. I couldn't be happier. I hated the iPhone. It just didn't work well for me. IT's good for people that need to be told what they can and can't load on their system, etc. I like the freedom of Android. It's really all about preference though. After a day with the Maxx though, you couldn't PAY me to take an iPhone.

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I was contemplating between the 4S and the MAXX when it was time for me to get a new phone. Went to the stores, tried out each, read reviews, went to forums, and what I learned was pretty simple. It's all about preference.

I think that both phones have strengths in different areas, but what it came down to for me was the ability to customize. Android phones are great when it comes to making them into what you want them to be. iPhone's have their merits, but I just wasn't sold on them.

Right now, with ICS, the MAXX is the best phone out right now for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

I did the same exact thing, read reviews, read on forums, went to Vzw and came to a conclusion that both phones have their own strengths and weaknesses....I chose the Razr Maxx cause I can customize my phone the way I want it. I didn't like having to put in my password every time I want to download an app on the iPhone, that kinda did it for me:p Also, I liked the screen size on the Maxx over the iPhone....it's all about personal preference:):)

Reactions: apquijano

mededitor

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I went from a BlackBerry to the iPhone 4 as soon as it was available on Verizon. I thought the iPhone was the best thing ever invented---imagine being able to actually use the Internet on your phone! :eek:

Then I started getting disappointed with the iPhone. The notification system (or lack thereof) just wasn't doing it for me---I really missed the ability to set "profiles" for notifications---and I didn't like that I couldn't customize anything. However, the retina display and the camera were great. I did a jailbreak of my iPhone and that made it easier to customize, but with each updated iOS fewer jailbreak utilities were available.

I got my Razr MAXX a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it. It gives me the customization ability that I want, a great profile/notification system, fantastic battery life, and 4G coverage. I can't imagine going back to the iPhone at this point, the system is too "closed" for my liking, even with jailbreaking.

I haven't had one regret jumping to the Razr MAXX.

Reactions: Jack33

McIrish

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I might be in the minority, but the reason I chose the Maxx over the 4S was the fact that I loath iTunes. I don't want to be forced to do things Apple's way. I love plugging my phone into the computer and using it as a USB drive to transfer files around. Apple's closed system has no interest to me. The Maxx isn't perfect either, but it's the best that I found for the way I work.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I might be in the minority, but the reason I chose the Maxx over the 4S was the fact that I loath iTunes. I don't want to be forced to do things Apple's way. I love plugging my phone into the computer and using it as a USB drive to transfer files around. Apple's closed system has no interest to me. The Maxx isn't perfect either, but it's the best that I found for the way I work.

iTunes is the most screwed up piece of garbage ever. How did a company like Apple ever release something like that?

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Don't think you are minority with that thought. I hated iTunes and the way it forced me to sync things. Someone gave me an iPod and I loathe it. It put every song from my computer on the thing even though I told it not to. I'm thinking of making my Maxx my new MP3 platform. I have a 1985 Vette and I use(d) the iPod with a Cassette adapter to play music. Wonder what would happen to the iPod if I chucked it out the window at 130mph or so? ;)

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers