Don't Bother Checking for ICS it is NOT ready

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
According to Motorola the ICS update is not ready https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

According to Motorala there ae 4 phases to an upgrade.
PHASE 1 ? EVALUATION & PLANNING: During this phase, we evaluate the benefits, technical issues and user experience of an upgrade. Generally, we are not able to provide release dates in this stage. There are also some cases in which we can state that an upgrade will happen but are not able to provide a release date. Please note that some products that enter the Evaluation and Planning phase may not complete the upgrade cycle.

PHASE 2 ? DEVELOPMENT: This phase represents the development of the software upgrade. When a device is in the Development Phase, we will provide an estimated calendar quarter for its availability. This date and the development activities are subject to change.

PHASE 3 ? TESTING: Testing is an important phase to ensure that an upgrade works properly and delivers an improved experience. Testing time may vary depending on the device and carrier requirements. Once a potential upgrade enters this phase, Motorola Mobility will provide the approximate month that we expect an over-the-air (OTA) upgrade to become available to consumers. Availability still depends upon completion of testing and certification by carriers or relevant authorities.

PHASE 4 ? AVAILABLE: Once the upgrade is approved by the carrier or local regulators, Motorola Mobility will note on this site that the software is available. In most cases, consumers will receive a notification on their device that the OTA upgrade is available. An available upgrade or update may be rolled out over a period of time in order to best manage the deployment volume and experience. At times, a small testing group is provided the upgrade before it's made available to a larger group. On your Motorola Android Phone or Tablet, you can go to Settings ⇒ About Phone/Tablet ⇒ System Updates to manually check for an OTA upgrade. All estimated release dates are based on available information and are subject to change.then there is the table.on the bottom of my post. (click for larger view) showing Razr still in testing

So we might as well stop checking for updates!:mad::mad::mad:

.View attachment 28977

LordPoncho

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
According to Motorola the ICS update is not ready https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

According to Motorala there ae 4 phases to an upgrade.
PHASE 1 ? EVALUATION & PLANNING: During this phase, we evaluate the benefits, technical issues and user experience of an upgrade. Generally, we are not able to provide release dates in this stage. There are also some cases in which we can state that an upgrade will happen but are not able to provide a release date. Please note that some products that enter the Evaluation and Planning phase may not complete the upgrade cycle.

PHASE 2 ? DEVELOPMENT: This phase represents the development of the software upgrade. When a device is in the Development Phase, we will provide an estimated calendar quarter for its availability. This date and the development activities are subject to change.

PHASE 3 ? TESTING: Testing is an important phase to ensure that an upgrade works properly and delivers an improved experience. Testing time may vary depending on the device and carrier requirements. Once a potential upgrade enters this phase, Motorola Mobility will provide the approximate month that we expect an over-the-air (OTA) upgrade to become available to consumers. Availability still depends upon completion of testing and certification by carriers or relevant authorities.

PHASE 4 ? AVAILABLE: Once the upgrade is approved by the carrier or local regulators, Motorola Mobility will note on this site that the software is available. In most cases, consumers will receive a notification on their device that the OTA upgrade is available. An available upgrade or update may be rolled out over a period of time in order to best manage the deployment volume and experience. At times, a small testing group is provided the upgrade before it's made available to a larger group. On your Motorola Android Phone or Tablet, you can go to Settings ⇒ About Phone/Tablet ⇒ System Updates to manually check for an OTA upgrade. All estimated release dates are based on available information and are subject to change.then there is the table.on the bottom of my post. (click for larger view) showing Razr still in testing

So we might as well stop checking for updates!:mad::mad::mad:

.View attachment 28977

That's why even more people got ICS last night/today, right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: jroc

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Testing basically means soak test. As we know that the soak test has been going on I think it is safe to assume we are at or very close to available.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The Soak Test is done... I did receive an email this morning that the soak test is official over with as of this morning. I don't know how long it will take for them to get the approval to officially begin the OTA, but it should not take too long.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
What part of "phased rollout to selected users" dont yall understand?

Phased means just that, waves. They are probably still making tweeks to their rollout hardware or something. It is still Q2 and they are making progress. At least they have a working build done and arent just still working on it.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
You sir, aim to take away our hopes and dreams. I'll have none of that. I'll be pressing the system update button twice as hard now, and I'll curse the name mgindi26 as I do it.
hahaha, that mad me LOL

Then explain how all these people are getting the ICS update sent to their devices??
Exactly dood.

But hey..ain't this fun? :)
Kinda like standing in line waiting on concert tickets.

Reactions: rbess1965

CW

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Poppycock! I recieved my OTA update this morning. It is on its way.

Check out the Razr Forum they have been getting the update starting today too and according to the chart in the OP the Razr has the same status as the Razr Maxx.

Keep checking it has begun!

Reactions: Chadmaxx1

kfarny#AC

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
P.S. .............you really believe all of the people who say they already have ics?...........hmmm.

wbmcadoo

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have it. Too bad you don't have it a lot of people have it. Stop whining like a baby.
If you want it bad enough put it on your phone yourself. It takes about 10 minutes to do the whole process.
Too much drama too much drama too much drama.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have it. Too bad you don't have it a lot of people have it. Stop whining like a baby.
If you want it bad enough put it on your phone yourself. It takes about 10 minutes to do the whole process.
Too much drama too much drama too much drama.

I don't get it. Did you just sing yourself out of the thread? Was that paragraph even written well enough to be considered English?

Reactions: greghei1

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
When the soak was happening, Moto's site was saying phase 2 development - they seem to be behind the curve.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Look I found that site and figured if anyone knew it would be Motorola. So if Moto's own site says it's in testing who am I to disagree? If it was a VZW rep or just hearsay I can unfderstand you getting upset but this is Moto's own site! As for people getting it maybe their selectively picking people outside of the soak? I don't know, I want ICS as bad as anyone else. It's Just frustrating, and when I saw Moto's own site with the info I just figured I would share it with you.:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech