ICS Hiccups

Gerorne

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone find anything disabled or broken thanks to the ICS update?

Just finished updating half an hour ago and I just found out that my LG Tone (bluetooth earphones/headset) can no longer pause/play and forward/rewind Pocket Casts. That's going to be rather having a pretty major feature of my headset disabled.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find anything disabled or broken thanks to the ICS update?

Just finished updating half an hour ago and I just found out that my LG Tone (bluetooth earphones/headset) can no longer pause/play and forward/rewind Pocket Casts. That's going to be rather having a pretty major feature of my headset disabled.

As for many of these types of problems that people are reporting, the first thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the app. If that doesn't work, then do a power off/on cycle. If that doesn't work, then try a soft reset (hold power button and volume down together for about 5-10 seconds until it resets). If that still doesn't work, then bite the bullet and do a factory reset under Settings->Privacy->Factory data reset.

LedZuscany

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Started the download 2 days ago but I think I lost wifi connectivity for a moment, if not longer. When I turned the screen back on & checked notification bar it read: "0% (zero percent w/ a black progress bar) Download suspended. Will resume shortly..."

After several hours of no change, I powered off & then on. Nothing mentioned in notifications so I went back to Settings > About phone > System updates, read "An update is currently being downloaded. You will be notified when the download is complete" or something similar.

So... Just did a soft reset as suggested, now I have 2 percent progress but still "Download suspended. Will resume shortly..."!

Can't remember any download that was only 0.02 complete after 40 hours.

ralphb72

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My calendar sync with exchange (Outlook) got broken on Droid Razr Maxx after ICS update.
After the reboot, soft reset, and factory reset, it still was not working right.

Many of my events or reminders were not listed at all. After much trial and error and finding another site that listed that problem, it was my annual recurring appointments. My Grandmother's birth date was in 1919 and it no longer liked 1919 as a start date for a recurring reminder. It also did not like the times of the event, it was 12:00 to 12:00 and duration of 1 day.

I ended up creating a second calendar and moving all of my events to it, then moving them back a group at a time until it broke the sync of my calendar. The explanation I found on another site was that the date filtering in the sync is much stronger in ICS in order to weed out bad recurring rules that outlook could create but the phone would not support. Wish I found that site before I did the factory reset and reload.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hiccups I find are best cured with a large glass of water. Since the Maxx doesn't have a mouth I am aware of, a wide topped container filled with any liquid to a depth to cover the unit will work. Immerse your Maxx for a minimum of 12 hours, and dry in a microwave or on a stovetop burner set to high. Safety tip - open all windows before doing this. Dry in this fashion until the flames subside and all the hiccups will be gone, guaranteed!

I'm here to help. You're welcome.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hiccups I find are best cured with a large glass of water. Since the Maxx doesn't have a mouth I am aware of, a wide topped container filled with any liquid to a depth to cover the unit will work. Immerse your Maxx for a minimum of 12 hours, and dry in a microwave or on a stovetop burner set to high. Safety tip - open all windows before doing this. Dry in this fashion until the flames subside and all the hiccups will be gone, guaranteed!

I'm here to help. You're welcome.

Come to think of it, I believe my in-laws' iPhones have the hiccups.........all 5 of them.......Thanks for the advice!! :D