Since ICS, cannot connect with WiFi

KiltedMP

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just updated to ICS and cannot connect to my home router. Was able to connect perfectly fine before the update. I've tried to restart the router and the phone, which used to work for several devices, but to no avail. Tried to reset the cache on the phone - no go.

Upon trying to connect to WiFi, it see's my router OK, but after entering the password, it bounces back and forth with Connecting... and Saved, secured with WPA.

My signal is strong - I'm only 10 feet or so away from the router.

Again, prior to ICS, it connected well.

Only good thing is the 4G connection is far better than it was in my fringe area at the house, but I would still like to connect to the WiFi.

Any thoughts?? Anyone else have this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Before you reboot the router, make sure you forget the wifi settings on the phone. Then reboot the router, wait until the network is available again, and try re-establishing the wifi link.

Last resort is always to try a factory reset.

KiltedMP

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No go. Not willing to factory reset yet.

Anyone else?

And no, I haven't been anywhere to see if I can connect to any WiFi. Been at home.

But, disabling the security allowed me to connect just fine. Using WPA.

Re-enabled security and cannot connect again.

Thanks,

Last edited:

ep5760

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend's is doing the exact same thing. We tested forgetting it and connecting to the other network my router broadcasts but has the same problem. Each one has a different password encryption so we can rule out any one type. Rebooting the phone and router had no affect either.

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I had that exact problem after the last gb update did the factory reset it did nothing. Worked with vzn and got nowhere. They had me contact Motorola and they wanted me to ship my phone to them.... Not happening.... So I played around with settings on router and the only thing the Wifi antenna would connect to was a G band while I uses wpa. I had to disable the N band and it worked. It would also work with out the wpa if I used wep key on N. That said with ICS I was able to re enable the N band and my phone is faster then ever on 3G / 4G / or wifi. Sorry your antenna is giving you this trouble but you can try my fix of backing your router down to 802.11G. If that works and you can wait for next update it might fix antenna like mine did. I have 2 RAZR Maxx and they both had same trouble. Hope this helps. Good luck my friends. :cool:

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
;-)

KiltedMP

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am using an older wireless B router. N has nothing to do with it. It's got to be involved in the WPA somehow. As stated earlier, if unencrypted, it connects.

Still waiting...

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
You are correct that it is wpa encryption registration my trouble was with the N channel on the last update. Now it sounds like they fixed that and broke the b channel signal and wpa. Not much more advice for you do I have but try WEP encryption and see if that works for you. Good luck

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
;-)

KiltedMP

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep, upgraded from the old linksys B router to a new E1200. Phone connects perfectly with the router set to b/g.

Nice justification for a new router ;)

Thanks...