ICS Email Problems

thewinow

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

First time poster---

I "manually" downloaded the ICS update today and it completly wiped my email accounts (Comcast & Godaddy)

I was able to add the Comcast account back to the phone, but the godaddy (secureserver, workspace login) I could not. I know the info I am putting in is correct, triple checked agaisnt my Asus (also running ICS) but it gives me a server error on the first page of set-up (Incomming Server).

I called Verizon today and they told me that i should use K9 instead. Anyone else have this issue?? Why can't I use my stock email app?

Before the upgrade it worked perfectly on both the "Home" and "GoLauncher"

I googled and googled but cannot find any answers---Thanks!!!

thinkingfield

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
same problem, my droid razr wiped out the email settings and now i can not get godaddy email to work. i called goadday, they said they have gotten about 10 calls today about this and that there is no solution?!

so the great programmers at google put out an OS without trying out their email, i am so surprised #$%$

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@thewinow and @thinkingfield

I'm with Go Daddy and came across each of your posts.

Have either of you been able to get your email working on ICS?

If not I would like to help both of you, and please feel free to direct message me.

QUIK_LS1

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having email issues too since the update. I don't have push notifications anymore and more often than not the email body doesn't load at all when receiving emails. Anyone else experience this/know a solution?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I opted for Kaiten Mail - the pay version of K-9. The stock email client did not serve my needs.

Now that I've configured Kaiten, all is well. Since K-9 is free, give it a shot.

Good luck!

thewinow

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I opted for Kaiten Mail - the pay version of K-9. The stock email client did not serve my needs.

Now that I've configured Kaiten, all is well. Since K-9 is free, give it a shot.

Good luck!

Thanks, I am actually using K9 at the moment (Verizon actually told me to use that because they couldn't fix the problem).

For my business needs I liked the stock version much better and it was alway reliable. I am seeing with K9--I am not getting my emails as often or at all (no matter what settings I use). Therefore I am also using the paid version of maildroid, just so i don't miss anything---still not a fan of that either....and running both always looking for email seems to hamper the already hampered new battery problem with ICS.

I just don't trust it---I want my old email back---can't keep the clients waiting ;)

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@thewinow

Thanks you for your message. I am researching this with our email team and we would like to see if you can set up the email with SSL settings enabled as follows:

Begin the setup process.

On the first screen, add your email address and password. Instead of choosing next, choose manual setup.

The next screen should auto-fill your email and password. In the POP3 Server section ensure it reads "pop.secureserver.net", for the port choose 995.

In the Security Type area choose "SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates), then choose next.

The Outgoing configuration screen should be next, ensure it reads "smtpout.secureserver.net",
for the port choose 995. Again, select Security type as "SSL/TLS (Accept all Certificates)
Choose "Require Sign-in.

If everything is correct, it should take you to the account settings where you can choose specific options for checking mail etc. Choose next and it will allow you to name your account as well. Again, choose next again and your email should be set up.

If this still does not work please respond back. As my post count has not yet reached 5, I am unable to direct message you at this time.

Thank you again for working with us!

thewinow

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
@GDKen

So I did as instructed a couple of times and now I get an error message that reads:

Couldn't Finish
Can't Connect To Server (POP3 STAT)

or

Couldn't Finish
Can't connect to server
(-ERR authorization failed. Check your server settings)

I tried multiple times and kept making sure my password was right but always got the same message---1 or the other

Thanks

Chris

@thewinow

Thanks you for your message. I am researching this with our email team and we would like to see if you can set up the email with SSL settings enabled as follows:

Begin the setup process.

On the first screen, add your email address and password. Instead of choosing next, choose manual setup.

The next screen should auto-fill your email and password. In the POP3 Server section ensure it reads "pop.secureserver.net", for the port choose 995.

In the Security Type area choose "SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates), then choose next.

The Outgoing configuration screen should be next, ensure it reads "smtpout.secureserver.net",
for the port choose 995. Again, select Security type as "SSL/TLS (Accept all Certificates)
Choose "Require Sign-in.

If everything is correct, it should take you to the account settings where you can choose specific options for checking mail etc. Choose next and it will allow you to name your account as well. Again, choose next again and your email should be set up.

If this still does not work please respond back. As my post count has not yet reached 5, I am unable to direct message you at this time.

Thank you again for working with us!

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have several Email accounts I use thru GoDaddy, and didn't have any trouble at all setting them up after a Factory reset of ICS...

I also have my Domain registered with them...not sure that makes a difference...

My settings:

Pop3 Server: mail.xxxx.org - xxx is my domain name
Port: 110
Security Type; None
Authentication Method; Password
Delete email from server: Never

Now my outgoing settings are different because I don't use GoDaddy's relay server, but rather my Verizon.net SMTP server for sending mail...

Hope showing a working settings list helps...
Cal

Reactions: jkeller76

Blackcash

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't Finish
Can't Connect To Server (POP3 STAT)

or

Couldn't Finish
Can't connect to server
(-ERR authorization failed. Check your server settings)

I'm getting the same errors after doing a factory reset.
My mail was working without problems before.
I was using port 110 for incoming and port 80 for outgoing.
Now I can't get past the setup screen for the incoming server.

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@thewinow

We attempted to duplicate the issue on the same model as you are using. The update forced the security setting to STARTTLS however, it did not wipe out the email completely like you experienced.

Please attempt set up again using the instructions I am linking to below, these instructions are directly from Motorola for your device.

Motorola Droid Razr MAXX email settings: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77318/~/go-daddy-email-settings-%28droid-razr-maxx%29

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and thank you for your patience

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm unable to add an email account using the stock email client.
When I do, it says..."checking for existing email accounts"
I immediately get a text message from VZWPIN....
After it displays the checking for email accounts message, it tells me it was unable to connect to the server.

With the stock email client not working, and the address book randomly choosing what contacts it wants to combine on it's own, I'd have to say that this device has some of the worse mail and contact integration I've had on any phone.

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@cdf3 @Blackcash @thewinow @QUIK_LS1 @thinkingfield

If anyone is still having issues with your Go Daddy email account please let me know.

thewinow

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
@cdf3 @Blackcash @thewinow @QUIK_LS1 @thinkingfield

If anyone is still having issues with your Go Daddy email account please let me know.

@GDKen

Tried the link from the motorola website you provided. It is basically the same exact thing we have been doing all along....thus it still does not work. At the very end...it says if we are still having problems to contact GoDaddy---Ha!

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@thewinow

My goal is to resolve this issue for you. I have sent you my Go Daddy contact information via direct message. Thank you for your patience and working with me.

jkeller76

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have several Email accounts I use thru GoDaddy, and didn't have any trouble at all setting them up after a Factory reset of ICS...

I also have my Domain registered with them...not sure that makes a difference...

My settings:

Pop3 Server: mail.xxxx.org - xxx is my domain name
Port: 110
Security Type; None
Authentication Method; Password
Delete email from server: Never

Now my outgoing settings are different because I don't use GoDaddy's relay server, but rather my Verizon.net SMTP server for sending mail...

Hope showing a working settings list helps...
Cal

This is the fix! I used the standard outgoing server settingsandmy email works perfectly now! :):):):):):):D:D

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@cdf3 @Blackcash @thewinow @QUIK_LS1 @thinkingfield @jkeller76

As an update on the issue @thewinow was facing. We were able to connect and while we were not able to resolve the underlying issue with the email working on POP once we switched to IMAP the device was able to send and receive without issue. The core issue may have been device or version specific. Please feel free to direct message me or share any updates or issues you have with Go Daddy email. Thank you!

stevec75

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having problems with the stock email client to access my ntlworld email. On two other devices I use the command 'recent:' before my username and it pulls down the last 30 days worth of messages, but for some reason when I do this on my ICS tablet it says incorrect username or password, but as soon as I remove the recent: it goes to the next stage so the username and password are correct. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem as I do like the stock mail client

avilner

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having email issues too since the update. I don't have push notifications anymore and more often than not the email body doesn't load at all when receiving emails. Anyone else experience this/know a solution?

I have the same issue (missing email body) with my Droid 4. Contacted Verizon, they talked to Motorola. Neither party confirmed this as a known issue. Verizon is sending me a replacement phone, but i am guessing the issue will persist. I do not think this is hardware related, since k9 works fine.

I think (hunch) this happens when emails are synced over the wifi, rather than 3g/4g. I removed/re-added account, disconnected wifi altogether and it seems to be running with no issues for 2 days (time will show if i am too optimistic).

Any real solutions/issue confirmations from manufacturer/carrier out there?