What does ICS for the Droid Razr change?

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Long press home button to manage open apps. Swipe to close.

Clear notifications by swiping right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really part of ICS but this update gave the RAZR global capabilities, better task management, different dial screen, better browser, better settings screen, and improvements with the device performance.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Not really part of ICS but this update gave the RAZR global capabilities, better task management, different dial screen, better browser, better settings screen, and improvements with the device performance.

So if I got a GSM sim card I can use my Droid Razr Maxx overseas? Because I noticed some options for GSM in the Settings.

Also, I'm just asking but what's exactly stored on the Razr's 4G LTE sim card? I have a spare 4G sim card so if I lose my current sim card would I be able to use the spare?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So if I got a GSM sim card I can use my Droid Razr Maxx overseas? Because I noticed some options for GSM in the Settings.

Also, I'm just asking but what's exactly stored on the Razr's 4G LTE sim card? I have a spare 4G sim card so if I lose my current sim card would I be able to use the spare?

Nope. It will be locked to use VZW's partner, vodaphone and whatever else is their partner. I believe that is how it works. When I had my BBStorm, I was using Vodaphone service and I could not use another SIM card unless it was unlocked. Not sure if the GSM is unlocked in the Razr or if it's locked to certain carriers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With Gingerbread I could add apps to the auto end list. Is that ability gone with ICS?

Correct, the old Task Manager is gone. Most people would say that the ability to auto-end apps doesn't help much, since many apps restart on their own anyway. It's just how Android works.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just trying to see what is different now that I have ICS. First, how do you take a screenshot. And the notification light is now blue instead of green? Do people suggest using folders?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just trying to see what is different now that I have ICS. First, how do you take a screenshot. And the notification light is now blue instead of green? Do people suggest using folders?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Screenshot is power button + volume down. Don't hold it for too long, or you'll actually reboot the phone.

Blue notification light is probably from Facebook.

Folders are a nice way to organize, but you're limited to 16 icons/folder. You can do the same thing without that limitation by making your own App Drawers, then adding a shortcut for those App Drawers to your homescreen. Go to Apps, then touch the upper left, then touch "New group." You can name the new group and select an icon. Then it'll ask you to select apps to place in the folder. Finally, touch the upper left again and select "Add group to home," and there you go.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
U should have face unlock now and also panoramic photo option and u should b able to use tha chrome browser now.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Used to be in GB if you touched the pull down menu it would display the date. ICS doesn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Used to be in GB if you touched the pull down menu it would display the date. ICS doesn't.

Mine shows the date in the pulldown menu. Are you running stock ICS or a ROM? Any Launcher apps?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
All stock. What I'm saying is that under GB all you had to do was touch the pull down and the date displayed. Under ICS you have to pull the menu down to see it; how far depends on how many notifications you currently have. Minor difference but the old way was better.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Dude, you're schoolin' me! I thought I knew my stuff, but maybe not. You're right, of course. I confirmed it for myself using my spare Xperia Play stuck on Gingerbread.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but the stock calendar got an update. It has a 3D look to it now and multiple colors for different calendar entries. Also displays the text of an entry in month view. I use Business Calendar so I had not seen the stock calendar difference. It's actually kind of nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty