How do I turn off 4G?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
In the options for wireless networks the only options are Global, CDMA/LTE, and GSM. There's no option to change the network to be CDMA only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
U can't unless you download a app from the market. A lot of people are using LTEonoff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Download LTE On/Off its for the Thunderbolt but it works with the RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
As I stated in another thread with the same question.

Go to your phone dialer and type "*#*#4636#*#*" Go to Phone Information and scroll down to "Set Preferred Network Type" and select CDMA auto (PRL). This will keep your phone in 3G without use of any third party app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

GolfOx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been using LTE on the off with my Thunderbolt for months and it works well with my Razr Max. Just note the setting for 4G. So you can get the correct one when you switch back to

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Thunderbolt app. too. In order to get fully charged, I turn the phone off. After power up, 4g reverts back. Have to reset 3g through app. kind of annoying but better than battery drain

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
How do you switch back though

See below. And select LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMSA (or appropriate). Or just restart your phone. Or go to Settings --> Wireless & Networks (More...) --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode

Go to your phone dialer and type "*#*#4636#*#*" Go to Phone Information and scroll down to "Set Preferred Network Type" and select CDMA auto (PRL). This will keep your phone in 3G without use of any third party app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7