Here's what I did instead of a FR

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone was working fine as far as apps and things, even the smart actions that I started a thread about seam to work now. But I did notice people using the word buttery smooth and my phone was as far as I'm concerned choppy. All the advice was saying do a FR. I did not want to do that at all. It would take a long time to get my phone back to the way I like even with My Backup Pro. I'm not rooted. I noticed when people asked what a FR does the response among other things was clears data cache. I only have 128 apps and a lot are themes which don't cache data. I decided to manually clear the cache on my apps figuring if it worked saves a lot of time if not I do a FR and add a little time. After clearing the data caches I did a soft reset and now my phone runs as a lot have said buttery smooth. I figured I would share for those like me that don't have a ton of apps and don't want to FR. For me it was worth a shot and it paid off. Hope this helps maybe someone else. :)

Reactions: B. Diddy

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Menu > system settings > apps. Click each app and then click clear cache. If the clear cache is dimmed and can't be clicked move on to the next app. After your done Do a soft reset ( power button plus volume down button). Done.