Well $#!? (bad word)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I've rooted. Installed numerous roms. Tried a couple Launchers. And i'm just not happy.

Each rom has its own awesomeness (and bugs) but each one removes a feature or two of stock ICS that I like. Same with each launcher. APEX comes close, and I may end up forking over the cash for it. I've already paid for ADW but it's not very good with ICS.

So here I am. Back to stock ICS, happily unhappy. What I want to know is this... What are you doing with yours? Have you rooted? Are you on the stock rom? What launcher are you using if not stock? And finally, can you give me some screen shots, pros and cons? Just looking for some inspiration here man.

Sent from my Razr Maxx dripping ICS all over the floor

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Root couldn't be easier with razr utility 1.7 I mean seriously, if you wanted to just Google it. I only did it so I can an use setcpu. I'm really leaning towards Apex Launcher though...

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have both Apex and Nova on mine and switch between both to figure which I like best. I have paid for both because of all the android phones and tablets in our home. I like the free Apex launcher better than the free Nova launcher. But I like the paid version of Nova launcher over the paid Apex version. Smoother, quicker, and better animations in paid Nova version. If you have the time install both, load them both up the way you want them and switch back and forth until you figure out which is better for you. Both are great ICS launcher replacements.
If you use home manager from market you can switch between launchers and you have options to kill and auto kill launchers your not using to save on ram.

PS. You do not need root. But if you have root you have the ability to have Widgets in dock I believe.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the Arctic rom, but I just wasn't feeling the love for it. I really liked the Eclipse mod, but I couldn't get pictures from Facebook to sync with my contacts and messages. Haven't tried any launchers yet.

I went back to stock ICS last week. There's nothing out right now that justifies root for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the Arctic rom, but I just wasn't feeling the love for it. I really liked the Eclipse mod, but I couldn't get pictures from Facebook to sync with my contacts and messages. Haven't tried any launchers yet.

I went back to stock ICS last week. There's nothing out right now that justifies root for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums

I know.....I have root many phones, back to my HTC Hero, and I just don't see the reward versus the risk of rooting my Maxx just yet.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I rooted because I use AdAway and Titanium backup. I'm still using Launcher Pro because I haven't found anything I like better than the sliding dock. I use Folder Organizer widgets to get the homescreens the way I want them. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, just a plain homescreen. In fact, all the items on all three of my jomescreens are widgets. The shortcuts I use are all in the three sliding docks.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I use Titanium to freeze the bloatware. Yesterday I was using the phone pretty heavily, downloading and testing apps after i got home from work. The phone had been off the charger for about 20 hours and still had 42% remaining on the battery (I use Battery Circle to get units on the remaining battery instead of the 10% increments Motorola uses).

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site

Wow...that's just silly. I just rooted using razr utility 1.7, and you are right, it was stupid easy. Bought a copy of Titanium Backup, (been using MyBackup Pro)and will grap Set CPU in a few. Any problems you've noticed with Set CPU and the stock .211 kernal?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow...that's just silly. I just rooted using razr utility 1.7, and you are right, it was stupid easy. Bought a copy of Titanium Backup, (been using MyBackup Pro)and will grap Set CPU in a few. Any problems you've noticed with Set CPU and the stock .211 kernal?

Not one issue. I believe I read that duel core phones like ours like the hot plug govener so be sure to set your profiles to that. I'll switch to on demand and see if it makes any difference.

This is my current setup

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just rooted mine... still waiting for a really good ROM to load... as I recall it took a while before there were any really good ROMs to run on the popular Thunderbolt... there was ALWAYS one or two things that were broken in almost every ROM.

I've played with launchers over the years... but I'm sticking with the stock one right now... like I said I'm still waiting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy