No NOAA radar animation?

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I like to check NOAA doppler radar during storms and notice that the Razr does not animate the radar. Tried stock, chrome and dolphin browsers, still nothing.
I think it is looking for java. I tried looking for a java plug in, but no luck. My Galaxy Nexus stock browser animated the radar just fine.
Thoughts?

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Which app are you using? I use radar now by usnaviguide llc. Mine is animating fine. Go into your browser. Go into settings then advanced, and make sure enable javascript is checked and enable plug-ins always on.

clubprocjc

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
You should use Raindar app. Its free and works great! Living in Southwest Florida being a golf pro and fishing guide I check our all the time in the summer.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I used to simply go to the Noaa radar site like I do on my computers.
Interesting that I could do it on the Nexus. (does not work as a phone though).
I found an app "weather here" which shows the radar but not the watch or warning boxes.
I will look for "radar App"
Thanks

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Which app are you using? I use radar now by usnaviguide llc. Mine is animating fine. Go into your browser. Go into settings then advanced, and make sure enable javascript is checked and enable plug-ins always on.

Thanks, I did check on the javascript and it is on.

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I like to check NOAA doppler radar during storms and notice that the Razr does not animate the radar. Tried stock, chrome and dolphin browsers, still nothing.
I think it is looking for java. I tried looking for a java plug in, but no luck. My Galaxy Nexus stock browser animated the radar just fine.
Thoughts?

It's works fine with the built in browser if you go and select the loop for the area you want. I just tried it and you start on the base reflectivity map. Choose the loop to your left on the screen for the area you want and you will be good to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It's works fine with the built in browser if you go and select the loop for the area you want. I just tried it and you start on the base reflectivity map. Choose the loop to your left on the screen for the area you want and you will be good to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Yup I tried that and nothing.. I'm updated to ICS 4.0.4 Huh...

Piper5150

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It was working before the ICS update. I've tried the stock, Chrome, and Firefox browsers. Just shows a little box where the animated radar should be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood