Lte on/off switch?

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the thunderbolt on/off switch because I dont live in a 4G area. It worked great, but, when I am in a 4G area i would like to use it. Does anyone know what the radio is originally set to in that app so I can set it back to original?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

JMey94

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
It tells you when you launch it. I believe it's LTE/CDMA/PRL auto or something like that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hobbes1879

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's LTE/CDMA/EvDo. I just looked that up. I usually forget, so instead of using the Widgetsoid switcher, I'll go settings>mobile networks>Network Mode...that brings up the Global, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS selections, just to be sure.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you turn your phone of and back on, it will put you back where factory had it set. On the app, there is a pop up box when you open it that tells you where to set it. I don't click the box, don't show again, so i can see what to select each time.

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I did what the pop up screen says and now I have no data connection. If I do a factory reset will it fo back to original? I was planning to do one anyway because I didnt do it before the ICS upgrade.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok I did what the pop up screen says and now I have no data connection. If I do a factory reset will it fo back to original? I was planning to do one anyway because I didnt do it before the ICS upgrade.

Read above, turn your phone off, then turn it on, it should go back to original..

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I turned it off and on, it didnt change it. I also did a hard reset and that didnt change it either, any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

madviking74

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
i have got the "4g switch" app for 99 cents from google play... it works great
for getting 3g to work after updating to ics update...for some reason the...
thunderbolt on/off switch... didnt work for me..the 4g switch cooled my phone down
and really helped my battery life...it was getting killed on 4g..

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok I turned it off and on, it didnt change it. I also did a hard reset and that didnt change it either, any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

When you say hard reset, do you mean a factory data reset? Go to Settings --> Privacy --> Factory Data Reset.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Power controls does not seem to activate 3g...not the way LTE switch does...

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah tried it again...power controls definitely does not toggle 3g on the way LTE on off does for me....I like power controls fine but 3g 4g definitely does not work on my phone.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Now Power Controls is not letting me switch to 4g, only to Wifi or 3g. Total bummer. Is this happening for anyone else? Using the lte switch app works, but would prefer to be able to use the 4g toggle on Power Controls, which I'm pretty sure I used pre-ICS.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO