Love the new changes in ICS, But.....

senecala

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I love the new changes in ICS, but I feel kind of cheated already with all the talk of Jelly Bean. It just sucks that we get ICS and then they released Jelly Bean around the same time. I want to be able to try out google now. Oh well, can't have everything I guess. Do you think they will release google now for ICS? Do you think the Maxx will get Jelly Bean?

Reactions: LegalAmerican

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Developer's are already making some tweaks to Google Now to make it work on ICS... I believe you have to be rooted right now to get it to work, and not everything is working great on ICS right now... at least from what I've read.

And JB has been talked about on a few threads around here already... I'm sure we might see it on the Maxx, but since Motorola is still working on ICS for a few more devices it might be a while before we see anything, if we see anything of JB.

And if you really wanted the latest and great versions you should have chosen the Galaxy Nexus... then you would also have to put up with bad radio's and a small battery life. :p

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
And if you really wanted the latest and great versions you should have chosen the Galaxy Nexus... then you would also have to put up with bad radio's and a small battery life. :p

That's a good point you make.......it sucks how the phone that has the "latest and greatest" in Operating Systems and software, really isn't much of a PHONE at all.

I agree with you, Senecala. I love the Maxx, and I was excited for ICS. But then they announce JB and ICS suddenly looks old and outdated. And it's not because i'm greedy and hard to please. It's simply because Google Now looks freaking awesome as well as the improvements to the JB notification bar.

People take this to mean that we don't appreciate what we have (which we do). All it is, is that we had to wait so freaking long for this ICS that they timed it horribly with the sweet new improvements being unveiled for Jelly Bean.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So, what's the difference between Jellybean and ICS?

The two significant things to me, is that JB has a new notification pull down that allows for more info available within the notification. so it's almost like having widgets within the notification bar and not just on the homescreen.

The other major thing is Google Now. Which is like Siri only it doesn't suck. It's better because instead of focusing on the stupid bantering back and forth and the useless diatribe that Apple seems to love, it actually works and provides you with pertinent information. It remembers your google searches and assists you according to your personality and location.