Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ad18f787-9423-536b.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What apps did you remove? Every single one...? The phone is going to use data regardless. Somewhere along the line its gotta sync or fetch data especially with chrome/youtube/gmail/google+ I believe the only way to stop all data is to set a data limit then go into each app and turn off background data.

Last edited:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it means they are still using data, I think it's showing you how much data the apps you removed HAD used so you could say, keep track for the month. Just a guess.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What apps did you remove? Every single one...? The phone is going to use data regardless. Somewhere along the line its gotta sync or fetch data especially with chrome/youtube/gmail/google+ I believe the only way to stop all data is to set a data limit then go into each app and turn off background data.

I'm guess where it says "removed apps". It's just there so you know how much they used before you removed them

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
my bad, duh...... i didnt even see "removed apps" in the picture. Thanks for pointing that out. Has it changed any since the time you posted the original pic

jrmck7

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My nexus s (i9020a) has the same "removed apps" hogging data. I've seen it ever since I updated to ICS. So I checked my data usage like right effin now! and it said nothing about removed apps, I then downloaded the Amazing SpiderMan 3d Live Wallpaper, used it, loved it, then uninstalled it, and there it was at 7.67kb "Removed Apps"

Mohammed Al-najjar

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it means they are still using data, I think it's showing you how much data the apps you removed HAD used so you could say, keep track for the month. Just a guess.

Yes you are Right I delete an app and the consume of the data he used it added on the removed app data consume so removed app is not consume data for real.

borf111

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The removed apps is using data. My removed apps was using 356MB for 3 days and depleted all my data. I complained to my provider and I was given data back. I factory reseted my phone and now I have 28 apps running and can't shut them down. When I uninstall them the removed apps is back now eating my data at 156MB as well as all the other apps. It either a virus or they are stealing money from us. If anyone knows how to remove the removed apps please let me know without rooting the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Removed apps shows the amount of data that was used by apps that have since been uninstalled. It probably showed 356 MB for 3 days because that's historically how much data those uninstalled apps used before you uninstalled them. Remember, it's a total amount of data, not a rate of data usage. I don't know when the system "forgets" about this statistic, but sooner or later, those will disappear. What would be weird would be if the Removed Apps used data kept going up and up, assuming you didn't uninstall any more apps, but that doesn't seem to be happening to you.

Remember that with Android, many apps and services will run in the background because that's how Android works. See this article for more info: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

It might be helpful if you tell us which apps seem to be causing problems for you.

Angelica 185

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Oh, that's actually my case. And it's so bad that it's now consuming 685 Mb. I tried restricting background data but it didn't work. Why and how does this happen? What should I do?

Last edited:

EJonline

May 19, 2017
Visit site
The Same problem popped up on my phone recently, and I don't remember Uninstalling ANY apps this month at all.
From looking at posts going all the way back to 2012, it seems to be a mysterious problem that no one has completely figured out.
In my customary usage, I don't install a bunch of apps, and tire of them, and uninstall. I don't play games, or anything like that, so my apps pretty much stay the same Always. Last month, I tried a couple of Calendar apps, and uninstalled them, but I've Never seen this goofy "removed apps" usage EVER...... and it just popped up in the last few days, and I Haven't Installed or Uninstalled ANY apps this month at all.