Hot Spot/Teethering with ICS?

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
How's the Mobile HotSpot work with our new ICS update? Do you still have to have it activated by Verizon to work or does it work with whatever plan that you have?

Thanks,
T

afranko22

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have legacy unlimited data and i couldn't get the stock hot spot to work. Foxfi works great though

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

mrpat67

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
It is included in the new share everything plans. I'd you are still on one of the old plans you still have to activate it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

bluwtr49

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm tethered with FoxFi but I haven't tried Verizon's Hot Spot.yet. I guess I should just to ensure it works.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
hmmm...for some reason, I thought I read that it automatically works with ICS and you don't have to pay extra for it. Interesting. I'll have to try out FoxFi when I get back state side.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
WIth ICS you still have to pay for VZW tethering.
It's the new VZW plans that you don't have to pay. It's the share everything plan.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
WIth ICS you still have to pay for VZW tethering.
It's the new VZW plans that you don't have to pay. It's the share everything plan.

aha...got it. Understand now. Once I switch over to the Share Everything Plan, I can then use Mobile Hotspot. Or...I can just use FoxFi, right?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you did decide to change over to the share everything plan (which I would not suggest if you have unlimited data right now) then you can use the mobile hot spot. But if not then you can use FoxFi. Just to be clear, FoxFi is technically against VZW TOS, so be careful when using it. Where as Mobile hotspot isnt.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Before I deployed, I was on the Unlimited Data plan and paid for Mobile Hotspot. Just looking at a way to tether my ASUS Transformer to my phone.

Willis

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure about this? I never looked into that aspect of things...

Yes, It has been talked about many times on this forum and others. I have been using it for over two years without a hitch. You just have to make sure your phone is tethered first or the phone won't allow you to choose the option.