Widgets list not updating immediately

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed in ICS that when I download and install a new widget, it doesn't show up in my widget list until I reboot. Anyone know of a quick fix? I was going to file this with Google and Moto as a bug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed in ICS that when I download and install a new widget, it doesn't show up in my widget list until I reboot. Anyone know of a quick fix? I was going to file this with Google and Moto as a bug.

I've seen the same thing. I installed some toggle widgets today and they didn't show up until a power down and back up. It's pretty annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some helpful folks on the Motorola Feedback Network suggested clearing the data of the Homescreen app, under Manage Apps->All. By doing so after installing a new widget, it forces the system to repopulate the widget list, this time with the newly installed widget. I'll have to try that next time ...

Reactions: Deron Baker

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Some helpful folks on the Motorola Feedback Network suggested clearing the data of the Homescreen app, under Manage Apps->All. By doing so after installing a new widget, it forces the system to repopulate the widget list, this time with the newly installed widget. I'll have to try that next time ...

I'll defer to your courage (You're a better man than I, Gunga Din). Let us know if there's any downside to clearing the data.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, actually I don't think I'll be doing it. Other people on that forum said that clearing the homescreen data means having to set up all of the homescreens again, which would take longer than just waiting for a reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I just sent feedback to Google Android about this. Hopefully they'll notice. The more they hear about it, the more likely they'll do something, so if this is a problem that you've encountered, then please go to this site and complain!

Issues - android - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting
Thanks - I hope they respond with a fix at some point!

I'd also like to see a return to the way the home button worked in GB (return to main home screen, then preview all home screens).

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing yesterday - I downloaded some new widgets and when I tried to use them, they didn't show up. I put the phone down, drove home from work and looked again when I got home - they were there. It must just be a delay because I did not shut off or reboot the phone - My trip home is about 45 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton